Chapter 24

KALIN'S POV-

"Mom please I just need to get away for a couple months." I said

"Kalin I'm not comfortable with you moving to LA by yourself. " My mom says with her arms crossed.

"Come with me then." I insisted

"You know i can't.  I have a wonderful job that took me forever to earn."

" Fine don't go. But don't forget I'm 18. And i don't need your permission to go anywhere. So I'm moving to LA whether you like it or not. I already got an apartment" I yell to my mom.

"Don't you speak to me like that again. Just because your 18 it doesn't mean you know what's best for you.  I'm just trying to look out for you.  You're my only son and I love you with all my heart. I don't want anything to happen to you." She says while tears run down her face.

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disrespect you. You don't need to worry about me. I found a really good apartment complex. It's surrounded with Security guards and cameras. Mom I will be fine."

" I don't understand why all of a sudden you are determined to move to LA. I thought we had agree to after you graduate.  It's your senior year don't you want to finish it here with all of your friends. And what about Melissa you are just going to leave her?"

" Me and Melissa aren't together anymore. I broke up with her a couple days ago. I just need time away."

" I'm so sorry sweetie. Why didn't you tell me. Is this why you want to leave Kalin?" She asked with a concern look on her face.

"No. It's just I need to get away. It's the best thing for me right now." I say rubbing my head back and forth.

"Are you in trouble sweetie? Do you owe anyone money?" 

"Mom just drop it. I don't owe no one money. I just need to get away. " I say now with tears falling down my cheek.

" I love you Kalin. I will miss you like crazy but  if this is what's best for you. Then it looks like you will be moving to LA." My mom said and walks over to me and gives me a tight hug.

"Thank you Mom. You're always my #1 supporter." I say and hug her back.

I go up stairs to call Myles.

"Hey bruh why you leave the party last night?" Myles asked.

" I didn't feel good. Sorry I left without telling you. "

"It's all good. Don't worry."

"Aye you think you can come over. I got to talk to you about something. "

"Yeah I can. Be there in 5." Myles said and hangs up.

Myles lives right down the road. And just like he said he arrived 5 minutes later. I open the door for Myles and sit down on the couch. Myles follows right behind me and does the same.

"So what you wanna talk about?" Myles asked.

" Just don't be mad at me."

"Kalin what's wrong? Just tell me you know were cool."

"I'm moving to LA tomorrow." I said and start playing with my hands.

"WHAT? What do you mean your moving to LA? What about Kalin And Myles? How are we going to produce music when your going to be 5 hours away? " Myles shouts and stands up.

"I'm sorry man. It's the best thing for me right now. I need to get away for awhile. I'll be back for the second semester of school. It will only be a couple of months." I say trying to make things better.