Chapter 27

VIVI'S POV-

-A week later-

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm not even sure what we're going to do. Jc is in Texas so it's not like we can go over to his family's house.  I'm still upset we couldn't go to Florida. I really miss everyone. Not just Ricky and Alexa. I miss my family like crazy. But it's whatever I should have known it was too good to be true. I seen Kalin is back in town. He's been here for a couple of days but I haven't ran into him. I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him. It's been two months. Don't get me wrong I want to see him very badly. But I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready. It's been too long. I have no idea how i will react.

"Vivi are you ready?" My mom asked walking into my room.

"Yeah." I respond.

We're going to the store to buy some stuff to make food for tomorrow. Just me and my mom are going. My dad had to work today to be able to get tomorrow off. I hate crowded places. And let's just say Wal-Mart couldn't get any more packed. I feel like I can barley walk without bumping into anyone. I walk over to the next aisle and grab the stuff i need to make Oreo truffles. I come back and my mom is talking to some lady with purple hair. She looks really good for her age. There is a little girl with the lady. She's a cutie. I've always wanted a little sister.

"This is my daughter Vivianna." My mom introduces me to the lady.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Starlah a friend of your mom from work."  The lady said.

"And I'm Lala. You're pretty. " The little girl said while giving me a hug.

"Thank you. But we all know you're the prettiest here. It's nice to meet you guys. You can call me Vivi."

" I have to get going. See you guys tomorrow. It was nice meeting you Vivi  " Starlah says and walks away with Lala.

"See you tomorrow?" I asked my mom.

"She invited us over for Thanksgiving."

"What don't tell me you're actually going to go."

" No I'm not going WE are going."

"Um no you are. Cause I'm not. "

"Vivi yes you are. You are not going to stay home by yourself on Thanksgiving.  Okay!"

"I don't even know her. It's going to be weird."

"No it's not. She has a son around your age. You guys can hang out. Come on its not going to be that bad."

"Whatever fine. But we're only going to stay for a couple hours. And I'll hang out with Lala I like her."

"Deal." My mom replied with a huge smile on her face.

We finally grab everything we need from Wal-Mart and head home.

KALIN'S POV-

Feels so good to be home. Myles and the boys are here. It's just like old times. I didn't realize how much I missed them till I came back. Vivi is in Florida. I was really hoping I'd get to see her. But i guess everything happens for a reason. Seems like we just aren't meant to be.

"Kalin. Stop day dreaming." Jakeey said while throwing a pillow at my face.

"Bruh just chill." I say throwing the pillow back at him. And everyone laughs.

"Boys make yourself useful and help me with the bags." My mom said coming back from the store.

We all help. And shortly after the boys leave.

"So how's my favorite girl doing." I asked my little sister

"People are going to come to our house tomorrow. And the girl is pretty." She said in her cute little voice clearly ignoring the question I asked her.

"Whose coming over?" I ask my mom.

"I invited a friend from work. I thought it would be a good idea. It's always just us anyways. It'll be fun. Her daughters a  cutie. You should get to know her."

I don't want to get to know anyone who isn't Vivi.

" I think I will pass on your offer." I tell my mom.

--------------------------

VIVI'S POV-

"Vivi hurry up we have to leave. I don't want to be late." My mom shouts from downstairs.

"Coming. "

I go downstairs and grab the container filled with the Oreo truffles I made. Then we head out to Starlahs house.  I don't know why but for some reason I feel really nervous. It took about 10 minutes and we pull up to a big two story house. My mom rings the doorbell and we are greeted by Starlah.

"Hey I'm so happy you guys could make it. Come in. "

I give her a hug and hand her the container so she can put it in the fridge. The house is extremely fancy. We walk to the dinner table and take our seat. Starlah sits at the end. I sit next to my mom. Lala sits right beside me on the other side. While my dad sits across from my mom. Leaving open the last chair for her son to sit infront of me. I wonder where he is at.

"Sorry my son is still getting ready. Let's just say he gets it from his momma." She jokes.

My parents chit chat with Starlah while we wait for her son to come downstairs to join us. I decide to text Jc.

"Happy Thanksgiving."  I type while hearing a familiar voice.

A tear slips out and rolls down my cheek. The person I love is standing right in front of me. Kalin!

VOTE & COMMENT ((: