Retail Therapy

I was up early this morning getting me and Ari dressed for the mall. Amari told me she had some shit to tell me so I was meeting up with her. Drama was something I didn't like but a little entertainment didn't hurt no one. "Mommy I look cute." She posed in the mirror admiring her outfit Uncle Al bought her. I laughed snapping a picture of her to show Allen when he comes upstairs. "You are beautiful baby." I picked her up kissing her all over hearing her little giggles.

"Y'all ready." Allen stood in the doorway with his wig in his hand combing it. I laughed, "baby we ready the question is are you?" "Girl c'mon." He led the way down the steps.

"Amari's wedding is in one more day and a sister need to look good. I got my girl to make this wig for me." He shook it around in his hand steady combing through it. "I call it, "Murder she wrote". "Boy shut the hell up!" I laughed backing out my driveway.

"Bitch foreal. This is for when I murder my husband for cheating on me. Im come to the door in dramatic tears and this wig on like the old white women in those movies." I laughed shaking my head at him. "You a hot mess."

"Girl I know, I'm tryna find me a sugar daddy at the wedding girl. William knows all those rich white men, at least one has to be in the closet." I heard a loud slap in the backseat, when I turned around it was Ari covering up her ears with her hands on each side. I busted out laughing feeling bad for my child. "Exactly, my baby said hush." We laughed together.

We pulled up to the mall finding somewhere to park. "Shopping!" Ari smiled gritting her teeth. "Just like ya mama." "Shut up! Ain't nothing wrong with a little spending."

"It is when you do it, all those clothes, handbags, and shoes that haven't been touched." He scoffed, "girl please!" I got quiet knowing he was speaking facts. We enter the mall and we saw Amari sitting on the bench looking depressed. "What's wrong boo?" I sat next to her rubbing her back, she laid her head on my chest.

"I think Will is cheating." I froze looking up at Allen who was just as stuck as me. "What do you mean?" Allen asked. "So we went to this little restaurant yesterday, the new Mexican one. He kept saying we should've ate somewhere else, I thought that he just didn't have a taste for Mexican that day." She sniffed holding onto tears. "The waitress we got was real rude, disrespectful for no reason .. at least I thought it was no reason. And Will's just sitting there like it's no big fucking deal and shit."

I shook my head. Regular friends would say this doesn't mean much but it did to us. Ain't no bitch gone have pressure against you for no reason, and ain't no nigga finna try to dodge the place unless he had history there.

"You still seeing Duke?" Yeah, shoot me dead, I was covering her ass behind Duke. "Yeah, I am." I rolled my eyes pushing her ass off of me. "Then what's the big deal sis?" Allen laughed getting up. "It's the fact that I thought he was changing but a waitress?" She laughed drying her little tears. "Bitch y'all cheat on each other that's why I asked were you sure you wanted marriage." We walked into the little boutique.

"I want to marry him, I know he not dropping heavy dick on these low life hoes, he can barely make me cum." Me and Allen laughed. Luckily Ari had her headphones in watching slime videos on my phone. "I picked my dress up this morning and it looked amazing."

I honestly didn't know what to say about her and William's relationship. I'm always the person that minds their damn business because everything done behind doors will come out to the open. I was still going to the wedding and supporting her. I felt bad about it a little because what if I had a man and his homey was in my face the whole time he knows he's cheating on me.

"Baby this is fine!" Allen held up this little romper and it was in fact cute. "Lemme guess you gone get it?" "Bingo!" I laughed shaking my head. We scanned around some more looking for different things and buying them. This wasn't Ari's type of store so she just ignored us and followed at my hip. "I have so many people to pick up tomorrow, some folks I haven't seen in a while."