H O M E

"Mommy! I missed you." Ari wrapped her arms around me kissing on my cheek. "I did too baby." I kissed her forehead brushing her hair back. We'd been home for a week now and Rodger was paranoid as ever and I couldn't blame him, I was too. He was constantly making phone calls and making trips with Gerom. He'd been to New York three times already and I knew it'll be more. I just wanted us safe and out of any harm.

"The baby is getting really big! I can feel it!" I laughed, "Oh yeah? What are you hoping for?" "I wanted a little brother but now I want a little sister. Girls are fun." She giggles making me laugh. "Daddy wants a girl too, we're gonna make him broke." "Yeah!" She shouted making me shake my head. "All done." I tapped her shoulders for her to stand up. I had platted her hair up because tomorrow she's going to church with my mother. "It's cute.." She flipped her hair in the mirror smiling.

"Girl I know, now go take a bath, food will be ready in an hour." She jetted out my room and down the stairs making me smile. She was growing up so fast on me, I loved and hated it at the same time.

I got up slowly going to the bathroom to run Rodger some bath water. He was working hard to protect us and make sure shit was okay so it was only right I bring him peace. Before I started on Ari's head I bought a bottle of Hennessy and a cup of ice because I already knew what I wanted to do for him.

I made up the bed throwing the oils on the pillow for a nice massage after his bath. I wanted him to chill and be alone and after that we can play if he chooses to do so.

I dropped three bath bombs in the tub watching it fizz away.

Since the whole retreat crap me, Allen, and Amari hadn't really been speaking. Not because of bad blood but because our minds were so busy and we had people to worry about. A link up was coming soon though.

"Baby!" I yelled downstairs hurrying to close the door. I wanted this to be a surprise for him.

I turned off the running water sitting down on the jacuzzi tub. The door swung open making me smile, "wassup girl?" He slowly approached the bathroom eyeing me up and down like he'd never seen me before. "I'm call you later." He hung the phone up scooping me into his arms. "Rodger!" I squealed laughing at him. "What's all this about?" He asked with a Kool-Aid smile putting me down.

"Baby it's about you tonight .." I trailed off slowly unbuckling his belt. "You've been working so damn hard to keep us safe and I appreciate it. You just need a break." I ran my hands up his shirt feeling his heart pound. "This is for you." I moved back a little so he could see. He smirked and smiled letting me know I did a good job, "you getting in with me?" He pulled me closer gripping my ass and kissing my neck.

"No, this is for you." I giggle pushing him back. "I just figured you'd like to relax for a bit and think about a few things so why not over a bath?" He smiled getting in the tub instantly I could tell it's what he needed. "I appreciate this and I appreciate how you been keeping it together while I'm out handling this shit. Artyom's hard to find but Tony think he got a move on him." I nodded my head but soon after looked at him sideways. "Why I never met Tony?"

He chuckled, "He's my own undercover cop, anybody will come running when you got the money." I shook my head. Corruption in the police force was becoming more and more normal by the day.

"Okay, well you enjoy, I'm gonna start on the food." I kissed his forehead closing the bathroom door behind me. Tonight I wanted to do baked chicken, sweet corn, yams, and butter rolls. It was something nice and quick.

My wings were sitting over night marinating in the seasonings so they were definitely ready. The other stuff was gonna be quick so I was holding out on all of that.