HOT table

I was at the office early this morning just checking on a few things. My mind was on cloud nine after last night's news report, it just felt like everything was coming together slowly. Rick was running around the office trying to collect tips because he believed "Eli's number two was behind it". I kept quiet of course but it made me cringe to know he thought Rodger or the "number two guy" was actually number two to any nigga.

"Camila.." I was swung around from walking by Rick catching me off guard. "Yes?" "Tonight is the business dinner with the lead detective. It starts at eight so bring Rodger if you wish." He walked off answering a phone call sort of leaving me there.

I needed this position more than ever. Rodger was having more beef with different people and I needed to be able to protect my man under all cost and that is what I was going to do. I sped walked down the hall because I was trying to leave without anymore interruptions because I was cranky, feet were killing me, and I was hungry.

"Yo Camila!" I slowly turned around seeing Trey making me put a pep in my damn step because that was the last nigga I needed to speak to. "Camila! Girl slow down for me." He grabbed my arm chuckling making me cringe hard. "What is it?" "Just wanted to know what you and boss man was talking about, I just found it funny how he didn't pull me over with you since we're supposed to be partners and all." He looked at me trying to intimidate me but that shit wasn't about to work with his sweet ass.

The elevator tinged for me to get on, "not sure, maybe you should ask him yourself." I sarcastically smiled waving bye as the double doors closed in his face. Trey knew something was up and he knew there wasn't no getting out for his ass. Rick wouldn't dare discuss the case at dinner because Rodger was going to be there but I still wanted the follow up on Trey. Being a lawyer and a private investigator getting all the ends and out was definitely gonna help me protect my family.

"Baby moms looking good, glowing and all." I blushed as Rodger geeked my head up. He was posted up outside the car waiting on me like always, "hey baby." I kissed his cheek making him smile and open my door.

"You had a good day at work right?" I slowly nodded my head looking out the window. "Yes, we have a dinner to attend tonight. It has to deal with my new position in the office and the head huncho is going to be there so be on your best behavior." He smiled. "I'm always on my best behavior, just sit there and talk your talk and I'll be sitting there chilling."

"Rick's attending too.." I trailed off looking at him for some type of natural reaction. "As long as he stay in his place you know we fine." He sarcastically smiled making me laugh. "Can we stop by my mom's house because she wants to discuss this family reunion thing. Our family house is in Shreveport so that's probably three hours of travel and we have to clean."

He nodded his head jumping lanes to get on the highway. "Where's Cassity?" I looked at the time and it was almost time for Ari to come home and I needed her there. "She at the mall with her little friends, I told her to be back before Ari already."

"Okay cool, Rick's planning on bringing in the witnesses Wednesday morning and nothing has came up yet, are you sure you got the right house?" My heart rate slowly increased thinking of the worse possible outcome. "Baby girl chill, you know people don't drive everyday right?" He laughed it off but it wasn't funny to me. It was Monday so hopefully somehow this shit works because if they touch foot in that office and are able to point Rodger out then we both are looking at some time. I'm not about to get taken away from Ari or let Rodger get taken away from us for that matter.

We pulled up to my parent's house putting the car in park.

"Hey baby." My dad walked up to me with open arms smiling. I hugged his neck rocking back and forth, "hey dad, how you doing?" He smiled shaking his head. "I'm okay now that I've seen your beautiful face. And I'm also glad to see my grandson getting bigger." He rubbed my tummy making me laugh. I left the living room leaving him and Rodger to talk amongst themselves.