IT GOTTA WORK

"Allen don't move, I'll get it." I got up going to get his phone off the kitchen counter where he left it. He'd got surgery two weeks ago and he was still hurting a little bit. Me, Cassity, Amari, and Ari were all over here comforting him. "I'd never imagine you two pregnant people would be taking care of me." He laughed sipping his Powerade.

"It's okay, that's what we here for, as long as I'm fully functional then I'll help." I crawled back into bed with him watching Love&HipHop. These type of "reality" Tv shows were getting real old and scripted as hell to me and I honestly didn't see why people believe half this shit anymore. Everyone knows Mona Scott slick throws more fake drama in there to keep her rates up.

"Oh, I was telling Cassity about your wigs and she loves them. She wants one made just like the rainbow hair you gave me but don't make it too twiny, a bitch still need to be stunting." They laughed but I was serious. That wig was way too cute to duplicate completely.

"I'll make you a wig girl, your head is for something short so I'll get you a cute bob, just tell me the colors." "Thank you." She smiled hugging Allen.

"Mommy I'm hungry, when we gone eat?" Ari asked hopping up in my lap, or the little lap I had left because of this belly. "Daddy supposed to coming back to get us when he's done with business, I'm hungry too baby." I ran my fingers through her soft hair laying her on my chest. "I'm sorry I don't have any food you guys, Danny had been running back and forth getting carry out so I wasn't worried about no groceries right now."

"Next time I come over here I know to bring some with me." Amari said making Allen nudge her.

My phone buzzed making me look down.

Baby Boy😘💘: outside

I smiled getting my purse and sliding on my shoes, "baby go get your shoes, we about to go." She wasted no time going to get them and I was feeling her. "Bitches know their man outside and like to pick up and leave their friends." I laughed flipping my hair, "well my man finna feed me, y'all not." We all laughed. I leaned over the bed giving both Amari and Allen a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"It was nice meeting you." Cassity waved goodbye as we went out the door.

Rodger was leaned over on the car door smoking his blunt and on the phone talking business as usual.

"Y'all get in the car." I gave Ari a friendly push walking around her to get to him. I was about to say something but he put his finger on my lip making me look at it in disgust. "Ight, we definitely doing that shit tonight. Link at pops crib about eleven and we good." He hung the phone up giving me his attention. "Don't be dragging yo dirty finger down my lipgloss nigga." He laughed kissing my forehead. "My bad, I was just in my zone and I didn't need any beautiful distractions." He pecked my lips repeatedly making me blush and giggle. "So what was that about on the phone?"

"We making that shit happen tonight to get Rick off my back. I seen the way that nigga was eyeing my tattoos and I didn't wanna go with the scheme right then and there but give it time you know? Just keep having my back like always." I nodded my head and a "duh" motion, "of course baby, just be safe with that shit." I kissed him and gave him a hug.

"Uhm, daddy we ready to eat." We turned around seeing Ari's little head poked out of the window making us laugh. He looked at me and all I could do was shrug, "your child."

"Oh, it's only my child when she say some off the wall shit." I laughed as he opened my door letting me get in. That was definitely his daughter speaking.

••••

I laid across the bed naked watching Rodger in the shower. We had food in our bellies and I just got filled with something else to add to the night.