Third Member of The Team

Ishimaru's POV

"Uh,Taka. How long are we gonna do this thing?"

"Perhaps a few more days"

Me and Kyoudai have been stalking Chihiro for a week now. We don't stalk her when she's alone. We do it just when she hangs out with Kazuichi. I figure that maybe if we learn how Kazuichi acts towards Chihiro,we can make Kyoudai do the same thing and he can get close to her.

"Okay,stop. This is fucking ridiculous! I don't think stalking is going to help me at all. I mean,what do we have after all that stalking?"

I checked the little memo that was kept inside my pocket. I wrote every data we have there.

"Let's see...none,actually. What i can get is that it seems there is no barrier in their friendship. They really are comfortable with each other's presence"

Kyoudai groaned and facepalmed.

"Y'know,we could've just asked Souda by person from the beginning"

"Really? How? We barely even know him!"

"You barely even know him,i don't. I know the dude pretty well"

"Alright then,let's talk to him when he's done with Chihiro. It's better if we talk somewhere private"

Kyoudai took his digital notebook from his pocket and dialled a number.

"Yo,it's me. I need ya to fix her up again. Yeah. Garage in 10 minutes,got that? Alright" he hung up and had a grin on his face.

"So?"

"All done. C'mon,let's wait for him at the garage"

We walked and talked a bit all the way to the garage. We sat on the floor,waiting Kazuichi to come. Not long after,he came,bringing a box full of mechanical tools with him.

"Dude,you gotta take care of your bike better. I'm not always availa-yo,Ishimaru. What are you doin' here?" He said,finally realizing my existence in the garage.

"Souda,we need to talk. Let's go to my room" Kyoudai said.

Kazuichi just shrugged and followed us to Kyoudai's room. When we arrived,he sat on a chair and opened his beanie hat.

"So,what do you guys wanna' talk about?"

Me and Kyoudai switched glances. What we're about to do is very risky. Kazuichi could sabotage our plans or expose them to Chi. I was worried but Kyoudai gave me a reassuring nod. I went silent and let Kyoudai do all the talking.

"It's about Fujisaki"

"What about her?"

"I need your help on making me closer to her. I want to apologize for what i've done"

"Sure,but under two conditions"

I can see Kyoudai about to burst out any minute but he took a deep breath and calmed down.

"What do ya want?"

"First of all,take care of your bike,dude. Like,everytime i'm done fixing it,a few days later you came back with it broken again. Second,he's out of this plan" Kazuichi said while pointing a finger at me.

"Why?" I asked,clearly confused as to why i shouldn't be in this plan too.

"Hmm. Ishimaru,can you give us some privacy? I need to talk with Mondo alone"

"Sure,i guess"

I went outside and waited for them to finish their conversation.

Mondo's POV

"What the fuck,man?! Why can't he help us?!"

Taka was the one who made the plan in the beginning,after all. It'd be wrong to leave him out from this. Souda sighed.

"Dude,you're just the worst"

"WHAT DIDTCHA' SAY,ASSHOLE?!"

"You can scare me all you want,i don't care. This is a serious matter about Chihiro so listen up. Do you realize that if Ishimaru found out about Chi's true gender,there's a possibility that he won't want to be friends with him anymore?"

"Oh yeah?! Ya barely even know him! How can ya tell that he'll do that shit?!"

"Do you have any guarantee that he won't?"

"..."

He's got a point. It's just the same as sabotage when you look it that way.

"You're right...so what do i do?"

"Leave Ishimaru out of this. Just say that it's really personal stuff"

"But he was the one who pushed me on apologizing to Fujisaki in the first place. Just throwing him away feels wrong"

Souda was thinking while tapping his fingers on the table. After a few goddamn minutes,he finally had an idea.

"I got it! Ishimaru can still help us out,but he won't need to help much,just the minor stuff. I'll handle the details. How's that?"

"Waddya' mean minor stuff?"

"Well,anything that's unrelated to Chihiro's gender. For example,he can help you set things up so you can be alone with Chihiro. My part is if you feel like you need to talk in the men's toilet alone,then i'll be the one to set things up. I'll also give you tips on how to approach him since i'm his best friend"

So basically anything that doesn't include gender is Taka's job,but if it does,it's Souda's job? Hmm,i guess that'll do.

"Fine. Let's do it that way"

"Great,but don't tell Ishimaru though and don't even drop any evidence that Chihiro's a guy. If you do,we're done for"

"Yeah,yeah"

"Anyways,since you asked for help,i got something to tell you. Ishimaru can listen to it if you want him to"

Of course,he's my Kyoudai. We'll always help each other out. I went outside and called him. Once we sat back down inside the room,Souda started explaining.

"So,last week Chi told me that you and her are partners. She sounded pretty sad"

I grabbed his jumpsuit and lift him up to the air,ready to punch his face.

"Ya talked shit about me,is that it?!"

Souda waved his hands and shook furiously.

"N-no,dude! P-put me down and i'll talk!"

"Kyoudai,stop! Violence is not welcome in a school environment!"

"Tch. Fine,continue"

I let Souda go and he trembled for a few minutes,tryin' to regain his composure.

"She sounded sad but i told her that maybe she should give ya a second chance. I mean,there are people who look intimidating on the outside but are actually softies on the inside. I said that ya might be one of them. I asked her about what she'd do if ya ever apologize to her. She said that she knows it'd be hard for ya to do it so she'll totally forgive ya"

Taka was cheery again and had a huge smile on his face,"Kyoudai,did you hear that?! There's still hope for you to make amends with her!"

I scratched my head and gave a lil smile. Turns out it wasn't hopeless after all. I'm gonna do my best and fix things up with him.