First Day of Training

Chihiro's POV

It was already 10.30 pm. I got ready and put my blue tracksuit inside my duffel bag. Leon was still awake,playing some games on my laptop.

"Where are you going,Chi? It's already late"

"Umm....nowhere. i'm just heading out with Mondo"

"Alone,eh? Just the two of you...that's pretty bold,Chi! I'm so proud of ya" Leon said while giving me a thumbs up.

"Tell him to take it slow. I'm sure you won't be able to walk for a long time if he did it too hard" Leon laughed. I blushed. Leon and his perverted thoughts.

"G-gross! W-w-what makes you think that i'll be doing 'that' with him? I'm not a pervert like you!"

"You're not,but he is. Heck,he might even be more of a pervert than i am"

"W-whatever...i'm not buying it"

A knock was heard from the door. I looked at the clock. 11 pm. It must be Mondo.

"Your boyfriend's here. Keep safe,Chi. Remember,no matter how nice a guy is,they will always have a perverted side" Leon said.

"I'm a guy,but i don't feel like i have any"

"Not yet. Soon"

I slapped Leon's back while he just laughed. I couldn't take it anymore so i quickly went outside. Leon was just taking it too far.

"Hey,Chi! Ready for training?" Mondo greeted. He was already wearing his black tracksuit. He brought a fresh towel and a bottle of water.

"Y-yeah...."

"What happened back there? I can hear Leon laughing his ass off. Did he make fun of ya or somethin'?"

"I..uh...he didn't actually make fun of me..."

Mondo remained quiet. He seems to be thinking about something until his face went dark.

"It's me,isn't it"

I just nod,unable to speak.

"What the fuck did he say?"

"Umm...i think it's better if you don't know..."

"CHI..."

"A-alright,alright..! He said that...you're a pervert. More than Leon is.."

"Chi,step aside. I need to beat Leon up to a bloody pulp!"

I knew it was a bad idea to tell him. But he forced me and i was kinda scared so...

"L-Look at the time! We should get going. We don't want anyone to know about our training session,right?"

I pulled Mondo's arm,trying to drag him out of there but he was too heavy and i was too weak. He didn't budge at all. After a few tries,Mondo went out of his anger state and looked at me who was struggling to pull him. He laughed but still didn't budge. I'm starting to think that he did it on purpose.

"What are ya doin'? Don't ya know that it's not gonna work?"

His words seemed like it was an insult. Like it meant 'you're weak,you'll never be able to pull me'. I know he didn't mean that,but i always think things in a negative way,even if i know that the person had a huge heart. I instantly stopped and just stood in front of him quietly. Tears were already threatening to fall.

"Chi? What's wrong?"

Mondo crouched down,trying to look at my face. After he saw my crying girly face,he jumped out of surprise.

"Oh shit! Did i hurt ya or- AH FUCK IT!"

Mondo took the duffel bag that i carried and grabbed me. He lifted me up and put me on his shoulder,running to God knows where. I was still busy crying my eyes out so i couldn't see very clearly. After we arrived,he dropped my bag to the ground. He sat on a bench and put me on his lap,one arm hugging me so i wouldn't fall.

"What to do...fuck,Daiya didn't train me to deal with this kind of shit! Kid,why are ya cryin'? Whatever it was,i'm sorry okay?" Mondo frantically said.

I laughed. A few tears were still flowing out. I was still sobbing,but i was feeling better. Mondo looked really confused.

"You're...laughing..?"

"I'm sorry...i didn't cry because of you. I cried because i hated myself. When you teased me,i know you were just trying to make me laugh,but usually when people say that,they meant to insult me...i'm just too sensitive that i kept remembering that event everytime someone says those words,even if it was meant as a joke.."

Mondo loudly exhaled and scratched his head.

"Damn,Chi. I'm really sorry about that. I didn't know...maybe i should-"

"N-No! Don't change..i like you just the way you are right now...i-i mean as friends! I should be the one who changes"

Mondo pat my head and smiled.

"Kid,you're stronger than ya think you are. Ya managed to go this far. Don't let anyone drag ya down. Besides,we're here now to train,right? Ya were the one who decided to be stronger yourself. Keep holdin' on and never look back. You can do it"

"Thankyou..."

After i was done crying,i looked around and finally realized that we were already at the gym. It looked pretty small.

"Mondo,when did we get here? And why is the gym a bit small?"

"Well,uh...when you were cryin',i grabbed ya and ran here so no one can see us. We'd be fucked if anyone knew about this. To keep our session a secret,we'll use a private gym. We can lock the door so no douchebag can bust in here. Or worse,that bitch"

"But it's already late. Who would still be awake at a time like this?"

"Us?"

That's true,but who else besides us? Even if they are awake,they're probably doing stuff in their own rooms.

"It's just in case. Ya ever heard of sleepwalkin'? They can do that all the way here" Mondo said while putting his stuff in an empty locker.

"You're right. Before we start,umm..Mondo,can you..turn around?"

"Hm? What for?"

"I need to..umm.."

Mondo's face went bright red. He quickly turned to the wall,stuttering a few words.

"O-Oh,right! S-Sorry..!"

Without a moment to waste,i chaged from my regular attire to my tracksuit. I tapped Mondo on the shoulder,telling him that i was done.

"Alright,let's start!"

We started easy at first. We did some stretching then running on the treadmill. Mondo took care of my treadmill first before using one. It wasn't as fast as Mondo's,but it was already pretty hard for me to keep up. After an hour of running,we took a little break. Next,we did some push ups and sit ups. We then sat on the bench and lifted some dumbbells. Mondo lifted the 20 kg one easily with one hand while i was struggling at lifting the 2 kg one. I used two hands already but my hands still quivered. The dumbbell eventually fell and i gasped for air. Without stopping his flexing,Mondo encouraged me to keep going. I took a few deep breaths and tried again,holding it as long as i could. For now,being able to lift it was enough. After a total of 2 hours working out,we finally stopped and took our bottles to drink. I felt really numb and tired but i'll do anything yo become a man.

"Good job,kid. Ya did great for your first day. It'll get tougher each day but i'm sure ya can do it" Mondo said while grinning.

"Thanks for believing in me and helping me out,Mondo...i really owe you"

"Nah,I'm the one who owes ya. Ya helped me out a lot in school stuff. Let's just say that this is my way of showin' thanks"

After we were done resting,we took our stuff and went back. Mondo accompanied me to my room. After he made sure that i was already inside,he went back to his own room. I put my bag on the chair,took a quick shower,then got ready to sleep. First day of training,done.