High Alert

Kirigiri's POV

Class started and ended as usual. I have to admit,the situation that we've been facing has made all of us tense. Could anything get worse than this? I was walking in the hallways with Naegi when my father's new secretary came to me. She was panting and holding her knees,showing that she's been running around.

"Can i help you?"

"I've been searching all over the place for you,Miss Kyoko...*pant*your father requests to see you now...*pant*"

Father? If he sent his secretary to call me,then it must be important.

"Alright. Tell him that i will be there soon. I have to put down my things in my room first"

"Y-Yes.."

She then went back to pressumably her desk to continue her job. I just went quiet,thinking about all the possibilites of topics that father would like to talk about with me. I was so lost in my own thoughts until i heard Naegi call my name and wave his hand in front of me.

"Kyoko!"

"What is it,Naegi?"

"I told you to call me Makoto" he said while pouting. He's just like a little kid sometimes. I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Fine. What is it,Makoto?"

"That's better. Anyway,why did you go quiet all of a sudden? Is it because your father called for you?"

Well,it's not like i'm worried that i might get into trouble for breaking the rules like delinquents. I'm worried about something else.

"I guess you can say that"

"Do you want me to accompany you? Maybe it could help make you feel better" he offered. That sounded pretty nice actually,but i can't accept it.

"I'm sorry,Naegi,but you shouldn't. I'm sure that what my father wants to talk about is something that is related to Junko and Mukuro. It's better if you don't know it yet. I will ask Chihiro and Mondo to come with me,so don't worry"

Naegi hesitantly nodded and looked away.

"Alright,i understand..."

After we arrived at the dorms area,we bid our farewell and separated to each other's rooms. I dropped my school bag at the table then went out again to Chihiro's room. Lucky for me,Mondo was also there so i didn't have to go to his room.

"Hello,Kyoko. Do you need anything?" Chihiro asked.

"Yes. I need both of you to come with me to meet my father. He called me in. Maybe he has updates about Junko and Mukuro"

"Oh,okay. Let me just get ready and call Mondo. Please wait a moment"

I nod. I then stood outside,waiting for them. After about 5 minutes,the couple finally went out,ready to go.

"Let's go"

The three of us walked together to father's office. The couple kept on talking while i just stayed quiet. I felt someone tugging at my jacket. I looked to see the culprit and it was Chihiro.

"Yes,Chihiro?"

"Umm...K-Kyoko...why are you so quiet..? You can talk with us too,you know..." he said while blushing and looking away. Cute. I guess it was obvious that my mood was not as good as usual.

"It's nothing...i'm just worried about what father might tell us.."

Chihiro then grabbed my gloved hand and smiled  brightly at me.