Falling Into A Trap

Chihiro's POV

After a good night's sleep,me and Mondo got ready and went to the dining room to have breakfast with the others. Apparently,only Taka,Togami,and Takaaki were there. The others were still nowhere to be seen.

"Good morning,everyone"

"Good morning,Chihiro!" Taka greeted. Togami and Takaaki just nodded.

"So,what did you kids find?" Takaaki asked while sipping his coffee. I was about to say something before Togami cut me off.

"We fou-"

"None of your business. It's classified information. I'm sure you would understand since you are a policeman"

Takaaki nodded.

"I understand. Well,i am finished with my breakfast. Thankyou for the meal. I shall go and wake up everyone else" he said while leaving the room.

"Togami,my father could be nosy at times,but couldn't you at least make your words less rude?" Taka asked. Togami shook his head.

"I'm afraid i can't do that. It's already part of my nature"

"Yeah,Taka. Didn'tcha' know that he was born as a snobby lil prick?" Mondo said.

"Shut your mouth,you filthy peasant! At least i am smarter than you!" Togami scoffed. Mondo stood up and pulled on Togami's collar.

"Sorry,i didn't hear ya. Could ya repeat what ya said?!"

Mondo's fist was ready to hit Togami's face,but i pulled on Mondo's coat to stop him. Before the punch landed on Togami's face,he stopped in mid air,looking at me.

"P-Please don't fight..!"

Mondo growled and let Togami go. Togami fixed himself while Taka just shook his head.

"Let's go to another room and discuss about our problem" Togami said while leaving the room. We followed him to his and Taka's bedroom. After we got in,he locked the doors.

"Speak,peasant" He said while looking at me. I just stared at him, confused with what he meant.

"Speak..? Speak about what?"

Mondo sat down on the couch and sighed.

"Chi,somethin' is obviously wrong with ya"

I just blinked,still not getting it.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well...you've been dazing off lately. It's hard to believe that you would daydream about something unimportant at our current situation" Taka said. I guess i was that obvious,huh?

"I was just thinking about what Izuru said..."

"Which part?" Togami asked.

"He said that he'll help us if we win over despair. Who is the despair that he was talking about?"

"The Remnants of Despair,right?" Taka asked while Togami shook his head.

"That is highly unlikely. Izuru said that if we win over despair,he'll help turn the Remnants of Despair back to normal,which implies that they are not the despair he meant"

Exactly. But that wasn't the part that made me worried. What made me worried was the suggestion i had in my mind about who the despair was. I gulped and trembled.

"G-Guys...do you think that who he meant was..."

Mondo's eyes went wide. He then stood up and started yelling.