A Spark of Hope

Ishimaru's POV

It's been a few days since the brainwashing incident. Kyoudai was still in a coma while Chihiro isolated himself in his room. I dropped meals at the front of the door,but when i went to pick it up,i saw that he only ate a little. He barely even drank. I tried to talk to him,but it ended badly. He'll scream and cry,telling me to go away. I told the situation to Daiya and Mr.Fujisaki. Daiya went to see Kyoudai,yelling at him to wake him up,while Mr.Fujisaki sat on a chair and cried. I sighed. Enoshima might be dead,but the Remnants of Despair were still lurking around. Time is ticking but we couldn't move if this keeps up. They could kill us while we're paralyzed like this. Instead of doing nothing,i decided to suit up and look for survivors,but the area was empty. There were only dead bodies and boulders all over the place. I was busy moving rocks when i felt a presence behind me. I took out my sword and got into fighting stance,getting ready to face the enemy. My eyes went wide. It was Izuru Kamukura.

"What do you want,Izuru?"

"I know about the outcome of your feud with Junko Enoshima. I have to admit,it wasn't that boring. I see that hope has won over despair,therefore,i shall aid you like how i promised to"

I nodded in response.

"But....Kyoudai and Chihiro...."

"....i can help you. Take me to them"

My eyes went wide. Maybe there was hope afterall!

"LET'S GO!"

I ran and pulled his arm,going back to the safehouse. He sighed and ran with me. As we got there,Togami's men pointed their guns towards Izuru. Izuru didn't move while i stood in front of him.

"No,stop! Put your guns down! He's here to help us!"

"NONSENSE!" Togami shouted while revealing himself.

"Why would he help us? He's the enemy,you ignorant fool!"

"He promised that he would help us if we won,and we did!"

"I am a man of my word. Besides, even if you did try to kill me,i can dodge it with ease. Killing you all is a simple and boring act,so it is pointless" Izuru calmly said. Togami thought for a moment and sighed. He signalled the men to put down their weapons. Togami then accompanied me and Izuru to meet Chihiro first. We were standing in front of his room.

"Chihiro is inside. Maybe we should-"

Before i finished my sentence,he barged into the room without saying anything. He opened the door wide enough for us to see him and Chihiro. As usual,Chihiro screamed and cried,walking away from Izuru. Izuru reached out to him and walked slowly without saying a word. Soon,Chihiro was at the corner of the room,unable to go anywhere.

"P-PLEASE GO AWAY! I'M A MURDERER! I-"

Chihiro went quiet after Izuru managed to touch his head. He finally calmed down and had a little smile on his face. Izuru then let go and stared at him.

"How do you feel?" Izuru asked.

"I feel like...all the guilt and burden inside are gone...." Chihiro said with a peaceful face. He then hugged Izuru. Izuru was a bit surprised. He hesitated,but ended up hugging Chihiro back and smiling.

"Thankyou,Izuru..."

"You are welcome,Chihiro"

Chihiro then let go of the hug and saw me and Togami. I don't know about Togami,but i was crying tears of joy. Chihiro was back to normal. I was so busy crying that i didn't notice Chihiro hugging me. The hug was really tight,but i hugged him tighter,feeling glad.