Epilogue - We Made It Afterall

Chihiro's POV

After we got to the signal tower that Naegi said before,we found him on the ground,full of scars and bruises. I hurriedly went to his side.

"N-Naegi,what happened?!"

Naegi used all of his strength and pointed to the tower.

"H-He's...there....hurry..!"

Mikan went over and took care of Naegi.

"Go,i-i will t-take care of him..!"

"O-Okay..!"

We ran to the tower to find a boy who was tweaking with the main computers.

"Ryota Mitarai" Hajime called. The boy then turned around and jumped a little. He looked scared.

"S-S-Stay away,all of you..!"

"Mitarai,what you're doing won't help. It will just cause trouble" Hajime said. Mitarai held his head and looked down at the floor.

"It will...it will help! Junko used my talent to make that brainwashing video...i will do the same and replace despair with hope!"

"It will only make everyone empty brained hopeful people. Is that what you want?" Hajime said.

"S-Shut up! You will never understand what i went through! I've always been alone...unlike all of you who have friends! With despair gone,there will be no more bullies in the world,even if they became hope zombies!" Mitarai yelled. Souda stood up next to Hajime and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Didtcha' know that Hajime over here doesn't have any talent? I mean,he's actually from the reserve course,but hey,we're still friends!" Souda grinned while Hajime just sweatdropped.

"That's a bit too harsh,don't you think?" Hajime said.

"Meh,you get the point,Hajimeme"

Hajime facepalmed.

"Whatever...no one can change my mind! The countdown already started,so unless i press the stop button,everyone will be turned into hope!" Mitarai said.

"As much as i am obsessed with hope,that doesn't mean i want everyone to turn into zombies" Komaeda sighed.

"Shit,what should we do?!" Mondo said. Time was already ticking. Maybe if i talk to Mitarai,he'll believe me.

"M-Mitarai,please stop what you're doing..! I fully understand how you feel! I...I'm a crossdressing boy! Eversince i was little,everyone would bully me because of my looks. To avoid that,i chose to crossdress. Mondo was one of those bullies,but he learned his mistake and when we met again at highschool,we made up and eventually became lovers. What i'm trying to say is..."

I slowly walked over to Mitarai who took a step back until we got face to face with each other.

"Everyone makes mistakes and that's okay. They learn from it. Even my bully became my boyfriend. You don't have to do this,Mitarai. Look around,they're all your friends. I'm your friend"

"But...i barely even know you people. The Ultimate Imposter disguised as me at school.." Mitarai said. I hugged him.

"It doesn't matter. We want to be your friends,so please,stop the countdown..."

Mitarai looked at me and closed his eyes,frustrated on what to choose. Only 5 seconds left,4,3,2- then it stopped. Mitarai shut it down just in time. We all sighed in relief while Mitarai went down to his knees and cried.

"I'm sorry...i'm sorry,i'm sorry,i'm sorry!"

I pat his back.

"It's alright,Mitarai. Thankyou for stopping the countdown"