The New Masterminds

Mondo's POV

After two hours of searching,we decided to go back and think about a new strategy to find Chihiro. I was turning around when i heard the voice i knew too well call my name.

"Mondo!"

I looked back and saw Chihiro running towards me with a huge smile plastered on his face. I cried. He was alright afterall. Chihiro hugged me really tight. I lifted him up and spun him around,relieved that he came back without a single scratch.

"Let's get back. The others are worried about ya too"

He nodded. We then walked back together to the safehouse. Something was odd. He didn't cry at all. Usually at this kind of moments,he would cry and say sorry a million times. Maybe it was just my feeling. After we arrived,the prick smiled,Taka and Taichi cried,while Daiya sighed.

"Where have you been,son?" Taichi asked while still sobbing.

"I just went out to cool myself. Nothing to worry about" Chi said while smiling.

"You really made us worried!" Taka said.

"Oh,sorry" Chi shrugged. Okay,that is not normal. Something's up with him.

"Don't ever do that again,'kay?" Daiya said while grinning. Chi just nodded. Everyone then went back to their own activities, everyone except me and Taka. Chihiro pulled our arms and whispered something.

"Hey,i found a lead on 'the despair'. We should check it out together,just the three of us"

"Sure,but why are we whispering?" Taka asked.

"Because i'm still not sure. Once we take a look at it and confirm that it's a lead,we'll tell the others"

We both nodded. Taka went back to his room to grab his weapons,leaving me and Chihiro alone. Chi's odd behaviour kept on bugging me,so i decided to contact Kirigiri.

"Hey,Chi,i'm gonna go to the toilet first"

"Okay"

I went to the toilet and sat on the closet. It's a good thing that we could communicate with each other privately. That way,Chihiro couldn't hear our conversation.

"Oi,Kirigiri"

"What is it,Oowada?" I heard her say.

"I'm gonna go straight to the point. Me and Chi got into a fight,he ran outside and went missing for a few hours,then he came back. But his behaviour is kinda different. He didn't cry at all and his attitude when the others were worried about him is just...different. Do ya think somethin' happened to him?"

"Hmm...maybe. What is he doing right now?"

"He said that he got a lead on 'the despair' that Izuru was talkin' about. He told me and Taka to go out with him secretly so no one knows. We're about to leave"

"Oowada,be careful. My guess is that he was brainwashed. He might take you and Ishimaru to a trap and brainwash you as well. People who are easy to brainwash are the people who have low mental strength. I advise you to strengthen your mental so the brainwashing wouldn't work on you. Oh,and do not tell Ishimaru about it. If Chihiro knows that you two knew about his plan,you might end up dead"

Chihiro? Kill me and Taka?

"You do realize Chihiro's strength level right?"

"Yes,but would you and Taka lay even a single scratch on him?"

Good point. I really should go,or else i would look suspicious.

"Thanks,Kirigiri"

"You're welcome"