Her continued

I have freaking four best friends. Ava, Lilly, Matt and Landon.

Matt is an actuary, Landon an automobile engineer,Ava an author and Lilly a fashion designer. I've other good friends as well but these are real close ones. We've known each other since long. Ava, Landon and Lilly have Been my friends since middle school and Matt and I bumped into each other in college. One thing about each of them -
Scratch that I can write a book on each of them.Ha!

Matt Willows is your typical player, womanizer with brain and money. In terms of looks? Well,he's your typical Greek God.Though his job is complicated,he loves it.

Ava Evans is a rather successful author. She has been writing since her teenage and has just got better.She is my sarcastic tomboy who can insult you so fast that before your brain can process her words, she would have written a chapter of her ongoing novel. Trust me when I say, she writes real slow.

Landon Wright, a car freak who lives like um.. well like hibernating animals. He works for eight months in a year without a break and then the rest of the year rests at my place making it impossible for me to work as well. I mean how can you devour your bestie's cookies and icecream in her absence. Yup!he does that. Nonetheless he is still very dear to me.

Lilly Lovegood is a hardworking fasion designer. She is very polite but gives off dont-mess-with-me vibes if you ditch around.(cheers those who got it! (;)

We all have jobs that make us too busy yet we take out time and have these monthly meetings. We get together, party hard, loiter around and then crash at Matt's. This time Andy wouldn't be joining us but Lilly is coming. Ava said she wanted us to meet someone so it's gonna be interesting. I guess so.

I spent the day working as usual and luckily was able to get free by seven.I really look up to go back to my place everyday. I can be myself there. No work, no professional behavior. Just me, my ice cream tub, my parents and my super cozy bed. It had three mattresses. One water, second cotton, and one of course normal. I had got it prepared few years back with an attached remote to control it.( don't search for it people purely my imagination). Beds are soo comfy and sleeping is such a bliss!

My parents and I are very close as well. We have been through all kinds of ups and downs and have stood by each other. My dad is my mentor and my mum, she is my guide.

They don't live with me but come to stay with me every now and then. Mostly when they know I am alone and none of my friends are crashing at my place. My younger brother is in his last year at college in California.

I was staring at the road when the familiar pathway came into view and I turned towards my driveway and got out of the car.I don't have a palatial mansion. I have place which I can call home. A place where royalty is not having more servants but getting more hugs by your beloved. I hated rich people. (No offence just read ahead) Their ostentatious and narcissist attitude. Nah not at all. My life is about comfort and cookie dough Ice cream.Yumm!

I was greeted by dad opening the door. "Hey princess! How are you?"

I smiled at him and replied," Hungry as always dad."

Letting me in,he closed the door while my nose became occupied with the scrumptious smell of white pasta. I scurried to the kitchen and hugged mum from back. She swatted away my hand playfully when I tried to dig into the pasta without a fork. I mean who could control looking at that blissful present from heaven?

"When will you learn manners Eve? Go change and then come down to eat." My mom's words broke my chain of thoughts and I rolled my eyes at her.
"Let her have a bite Maria. .." dad tried to intervene but a glare from her was enough to bring me into action and encourage dad to proceed for making the table.

Dinner went by smoothly and I readily moved towards the dessert. I was sitting on the couch with my dessert, staring at it and thanking god for such a blessing when dad spoke "Eve,I had talk with Carter today, he seemed a bit tensed. Is everything alright?" He said with concern written all over his slightly wrinkled face.

I put the last spoonful of my ice cream in my mouth and said "Yes dad just the same demands from people are increasing and their constant mails are a bit of trouble."

"So if the business is stable I would rather you give in." He now said in a serious tone.

"But dad how to get the places and all that stuff?You know it would be a lot to handle and the risk is also there."

"The risk is there if you do not do it. You yourself said people are asking for it, why would they not like it. It might take some time but trust me it'll be worth it. Whereas if you keep going like this then you may suffer a loss. And also you are not giving up the online service. People can chose their ways and it will just be an upgrade. Think about it." He said.

"You're amazing dad" I said realizing how dumb I was acting. "What to do next?"

"Start looking for good property dealers.." he said after a brief thought but mom chose to interrupt at that moment with a very ridiculous thought. "Instead of telling your daughter to find a good husband for herself you are telling her to find good dealers?" She snapped with furrowed eyebrows while wiping her hands with a towel.

I immediately become uncomfortable and felt dad stiffen beside me. "Mom do you always have to talk about this?I am just twenty-seven .Do you not understand that I am happy being single?I don't need anyone. I am an independent woman and I like the way it is. I won't let marriage take away my freedom." With this I stomped upstairs towards my room, ignoring her calls. She always talked about it and I couldn't hate the thought of getting married more.I slammed the door shut and went to bed without delay.

Sleep took sometime to come but when it hit I was finally able to have some peace of mind.
Oh mom if you would understand!
------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How are you people? And how was the chapter?

I hope you enjoyed!

Did any of Eve's friends remind you of yours?If yes,then tell me by commenting!

And if you liked the chapter then please press that little star!

(Ps- there is gonna be a surprise in the next chapter so look out)

Thanks for reading!
XOXO❤