Hate!

~~~Steve's POV~~~

"What if I say no?" She asked me raising an eyebrow.
"I'll ask you to say the truth." I replied calmly.
I recalled her reaction as I kissed her. It was not deep. Just a small, awkward, perfect little first kiss. I was worried how'd she react but then I realised that she was as clueless as I was.

She was staring at me blankly. Her expression did little to help me comprehend what she was thinking.
I need to tell her.

"Lyn. My Lyn. I won't say that I have been like this since the moment I laid my eyes on you. I hated your independence. You didn't falter. I was infuriated. We got married. I used to be envious. You looked so happy and content. When I started to observe it, I found it was all so sweet. You smiled at small things. They made you happy. I never had a proper childhood. Not like my parents kept me deprived or something but we had family issues. Everyone has. We had some more. I was really grumpy in middle school. I was scared that my parents will actually leave me alone once again. Hostel had affected me bad. Then finally I was sent to hostel again in high school. I became detached. From everyone. I wasn't bullied as before because the first person who tried to bully me abused my parents. I beat him up. I didn't generally talk to people so I came off as a rude vamp." I spoke looking into her eyes. She kept looking at me.
"In college I didn't speak as well. I kept to my business so no one took interest. Those whom I didn't like, the bullies you know. I beat them up. All in all, I never did all those things that children do. I struggled and when I got over with that, I was past the age. But seeing you doing all that made me unusually happy. You never cared about my money. Just happy in petty things. Eating ice creams at night, sleeping late... Yeah! I asked Llan about that, getting drenched in rain, staring at the sky. Everything. So natural. You look so adorable when you smile at me. And even more when you shout. Your face all flustered up. You made me realise that I have a heart. And I too can enjoy." I smiled at her looking away.
"As I said, I was feeding my ego all this time. I was just amazed at how independent you are. You are just the perfect mixture of everything, maturity, immaturity, care, carelessness, anger, calmness and above all, you never let the child in you die. You made me realise how useless and nonproductive all the money I have is. You just showed me how powerless I am. You made that insecure feeling inside me, go away. That feeling I had against women. You symbolised how women can do anything and everything. When you left, I really realised how wrong I'd been all this time. Being with you, my head in your lap, I had the best sleep of my life. You didn't mock me when I told you about myself. Your arms, your hug made me feel so pleasant that I still wonder if there is anything which can give me more pleasure. You taught me how to be hopeful. How to hold on to hope. I don't think it can be anything else. You're so diverse and I love each and every side of you.
Trust me Lyn. I've fallen and fallen hard. For you. I love you. I love you with everything in me." She kept ogling at me. But I had no doubt about my feelings.

I went down on one knee.
"I want to keep listening to everything you say. To become your heart and beat along with you. I want to complete all halves in my life and trust me, you're the one. We all have faults. But I love all of yours. You have slowly become the reason for my life. I look upto something before coming back from work and it's you. I won't deny how my body is attracted to you. And it's something I never experienced. You're my life and my pain. My love. I know you trust me and I trust you. When we got married, I wanted to ruin you and you wanted to see me fail. I failed. I agree. I couldn't ruin you. And I would never let anyone. But little failures add upto big successes. Will you make me your King, holy queen? Will you make this decision the second best decision in my life? Will you marry me?" I opened the ring box. With the same ES. It had half of it. The other half was waiting in my pocket for me.
She folded her arms and sighed.
She didn't meet my eyes. Nearing me, she slightly rubbed her temple, running a hand through her hair.