Sacrificed? Huh?

~~~Steve's POV~~~

I had answered the partial truth. I wanted to ruin her but there were other reasons as well. She was different from other girls and wasn't clingy. She also agreed to my proposal of love excluded marriage. She was independent and prompt. Publicity could have been profitable but dad chose to agree to her stupid 'conditions'.
I thought she'll say no but unpredictable as always, she said yes. And to top it of, we have it the next week.
Really? What the ...?
"How will we continue with our work?" I asked dad after they had left.

"Work can wait. She saved you today." He spoke sternly. He was angry since our argument in the morning about me getting married to her and settling down. Of course he won.
Mom was exceedingly happy but we had discussed that nobody would be invited except for our parents and some of her friends. We had also agreed that I'll have to shift in a new house with her. Though there was time for it but I still felt uneasy.
I went to work and told Rick about it. He was shocked beyond the highest level I'd ever seen him in.
He asked some questions about her and I told him the reasons I had for marrying her.

~~~Eve's POV~~~

I was unknown to the feeling I was having. Numbness? Defeat? Sadness? Obligation? What it is?
No it's not defeat. You can not be defeated. You are a strong woman. Don't let him succeed. Yeah. I agree.
It is just anger. And I slammed my handed on the steering wheel. I had dropped mom and dad and just left without staying for anything. Anyways mom was over excited while dad was also smiling.
I needed to talk to someone who can just listen without any judgement and remarks, someone who can understand it.
Andy? No I'm angry.
Then?
I dialled the only person who could provide me with refuge right now.

Hello the voice groaned as the phone was answered.
Hi I said confused.
You have a great timing, huh? You have to interrupt my important tasks. He replied irritated.
I guess make out sessions are not that good for your age, neither should they be more important to you than me. Don't tell you just got some random girl to your hostel Phillip. I swear you are dead. I spoke rudely as I took an abrupt turn.
Yeah yeah. Sure as hell this girl is more important than you. I heard his muffled voice speak.
Gross man. You make me feel disgusted. I said irritated.
Oh really. I'm glad I make you feel home. He said amusedly.
Phillip please listen. I scoffed.
You said you'll not call me for 15 days. It's just been a week. Already missing me? He asked cockily.
Phil I'm serious. You don't wanna talk just tell me. And don't dare come to me again to seek comfort when you get kicked out. I hate you. Enjoy. I shouted, my anger issues somehow getting back. The car let out a screech as it came to a halt. It nearly collided with a wall
on the street. My phone was lying on the foot of the passenger seat, his voice speaking words which sounded Greek. My breathing was heavy as I tried to control myself.

After a few seconds I picked up phone to see the call still on.
Eve, oh goodness. Are you alright? What happened? Did you have an accident? Are you bleeding? Can you hear me? Just let out some kinda voice. Eve.Text me your location. You just keep your eyes open. Oh god. Listen... He continued to ramble while I shouted
Shut up. Just damn shut up. I'm not dead. I had lost control over my anger.
Hey I'm not with anyone. You know I don't bring girls to my hostel. I was just sleeping. Please tell me you're alright. Wait,Are you having an anger f-fit? He stuttered with concerned voice.
I adjusted the gear and once again headed.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry. Don't do anything rash. Calm down. Breathe.
He cooed.
Why don't you people just understand I'm not a child? It's my life my choice and my god damn  right. Ok. Nobody gets to tell me what to do. I shouted again. My insides were fully controlled by my brain and it was very dangerous right now. I had anger issues.
Yeah. I'm sorry? Please? Are you alright? He consoled again.
Yes. I stopped the car and got out. I neared the cliff and sat down with my legs hanging.
Thank god. Angry? What happened? He sounded better.
I'm crazy right? I know. I'm mentally sick also no? I somehow said.
No no not at all. Come on tell me what's wrong.
He asked.
I'm getting married. I replied.
W-wha- ouch what? I heard him falling.
Yeah I'm getting married. I repeated. I was shaking my legs alternatively and the wound on my left inner thigh was hurting. Well, the person responsible had his share. No worries.
Phil, are you there? I asked after some minutes of silence had passed.
You are kidding me right? Ok I lost. Now tell me the truth. Please Eve. He said humourlessly.
I'm serious. I swear. I said with the increasing pain.
Are you being forced by mum and dad? Is someone threatening you? Are you drugged? Above all is someone hurting you? I'll chop off his..