Year like days.....

~~~Eve's POV~~~

"Mr Jayce. My dad." She said.
I swallowed hard.
"N..not possible." I said after a few minutes of silence finally retired.

"It is mom. When you want something by each and every nerve in your body, the world plots to get it to you. He found you." She said.
"No. What did you say?" I questioned.
"That you're dead." She said and walked past me.
"We'll see mom. How long you can hide? I'm with him in this." She said breaking her promise.
There was thunderous knocking on the door. Competing with my heart, thumping as if it would fly out of my body.

"Open the door Mia. I want to talk to you. I promise I won't harm you." He yelled. Something about his voice seemed abnormal. Like he was just going mad. But I cared not.
I walked inside my room. He'll leave soon.

Once in my room, I sat down on the bed, hugging my knees close to my body. I closed my eyes as I felt his touch on my body again. I couldn't help feeling awkward. It felt the same whenever I imagined his face, that is, all the time. I felt awkward. How will he feel? Can he sense my thoughts? What will he think? I was tired of it all. I couldn't stop it. Instead of feeling disgusted, I craved for it. I swallowed as my throat felt dry. Can it just all stop? All thoughts of him. I remembered that I'd gotten hurt during the fight at the store. Earlier I got hurt, I didn't show it but it pained. I was constantly pecking Andy about it. I got hurt. I got hurt. And now this didn't seem to catch my attention. I felt indifferent. It seemed as if my world should end.

I was already struggling to stop thinking about him and trying to keep away from him but he had to come here. I don't know how he could. But he'll return back. I know. He doesn't care.

Really? Just go and talk to him already. Might be he is guilty.
**** you.
I cursed.
Burying my head into my hands, I shook my head, trying to shoo away the thoughts as if they were some sort of nose twitch.

===

I looked up. My eyes tired. I smiled at the sunlight. Alright, I tried to smile. It was forced. He'd have gotten tired and gone away last night itself.

I couldn't sleep last night but just think. About him and everyone. Seriously? A yes can destroy your life. But then again, each and everything can do it.

I walked out of my room.
"Mia." I called as I felt my voice dry.
"Morning mom." She said.
"School?" I asked. I felt hurt that he had left but somewhat glad. I'll have to struggle. Get rid of his thoughts.
"Was just waiting to tell you that dad didn't go. He sitting on the floor outside. Waiting. He doesn't believe that you can die." She said flipping her hair.
I stared at her.

"Yes. He stayed all night."

"Mia he is not your dad. I divorced him." I spat.
"Oh whatever mom. You can't deny your feelings." She said and shut the door.
Few minutes later, she arrived, ready to leave.
"Love you. Bye!" She kissed my cheek, jumping up a little.
She opened the door and then shifted back.
"Where did he go?"
I smirked.
I was comparatively feeling somewhat lighter. I didn't know why. Was it because I'd finally started moving on or was it because he found me? I couldn't quite make out. But still. It hurt. Nothing was fine.
•••
"Mom, he's still outside." Mia broke my chain of thoughts.
I was sitting on the couch. My television was broken. And I was thinking how terrible if felt when I saw her with him. Could he do it? Seriously?
I couldn't digest it.
"Mom, I ignored him. He just kept saying one thing. 'She can't leave me.' Mom please give him.." I raised my hand as a gesture for her to stop.
"No rubbish Mia. Don't let him be a problem in our relationship.
She snapped, "Mom, I love you but this is wrong. That man has been here since last day waiting for you. Can't you just talk to him?"
No. He'll leave.
I remained silent. I'd thought so much these days that they just failed to get to me. I was becoming immune to them. Numbness and pain. Contrast. Bloody ironical game life played with me.
:::