Will you pay?

~~~Steve's POV~~~

I was finally back in lead in business. The monthly turnover report was positive.
The problem was never the work but the deal and we'd gotten it.
They say it, now I understand, peace of mind is far more important than anything.

I'd tried yet again to forget all about it, rather unsuccessfully. Also, I'd met Marie and I was having a motive. Okay, let's call it an advice which I quite didn't like. However, my anger had considerably calmed as Llan was missing from the house past week and three days into this week.

Still, that ache was there. I was missing for somedays but no change in her behaviour. She was as distant as she could be. She did not spend a second in my presence. She was not making an eye contact and I felt really ashamed of myself. Do I really make her feel disgusted? I never seriously never wanted anything like that to happen. However rude, mean and cruel she tries to be, she's not. I know how soft hearted, fragile and kind. She is.

I shouldn't have even thought of hurting her. The fact that I had done made me want to kill myself. In wanted to desperately tell her to not think about those words of mine and my action. I wanted to ask her if she was hurt. I wanted to take her the hospital if she was hurt anywhere. I wanted her to stay away from Llan. There was nothing more infuriating for me than to see her with any other man and the desire to kill Llan was stronger since those two nights. She was mine. That woman was mine. No arguments. The thought of possessing anyone had never crossed my mind, that too, this strong. The urge to hold her, comfort her and above all, require her was growing like a germinating seed from my within.

I was guilty about what I'd done because now I realise, she is not going to get out of my mind that easily. She was actually not going away.
But, now I didn't want her to.

"Mommy, I was thinking that we don't need much of a decoration and all. We can possibly.." She started but stopped as I entered.
"You people talk, I'll talk to you later Eve." Mom said and excused herself.

"Miss ..." I didn't even start and she got up.
"Listen to me...." She withdrew her hand as my hand impulsively moved towards her. She looked at the table disgustingly.

"I just wanted to say that I never wished or even thought to make you feel ...." Her clicking faded.
You got to bloody damn hear me out.
Whether or not you like it.

Steve, stop paying attention. It's nothing. She's nothing. She doesn't matter. You've.....
:::

~~~Eve's POV~~~

It was morning. Friday morning. I was hurt. I was drained. But I was not giving up. I'm not going to him. I'm not listening to him. Not at all. No way.
I was a walking zombie. Lost all the time while I was alone. Thinking how good he used to be and what he turned into. It was crystal clear that he didn't want to hurt me physically but what flame was glowing in his eyes, that intrigued me. He was looking at me with something I couldn't comprehend. Not that I could before but at those times, the feelings were hidden. They were visible this time but it was none- neither anger nor hatred. It was different.

My mind was screaming. Go ask him, what it was all about. Push him and shake him. Did he really mean that I don't matter to him? Don't I posses even a right to advise him? Seriously? Not even a word?

It ached. My body felt heavy and actually ached.

"Eve, I have told the cooks what all has to be done. You can't say no today. Cmon, get ready. It's six." Mommy said.
"Mommy I'll just check on them once, then I'll go." I said getting up from the table
"Wear something matching both of you. You'll look adorable. After all she's both of your's daughter now." She said as he entered.
"Oh mommy! That'll look cliche. It's fine. Let's wear what we want and then see if it matches." I said.
"Don't be shy. " She pushed.
"But ..."
"We'll do it mom. Get ready." He spoke.