How can she leave him?

Double POV after >>>
Left side Steve and right is Eve's

~~~Eve's POV~~~

Damn! His hand on my skin. Why the hell did I feel so good? I felt fluttering flags in my stomach. Oh god! I never needed to tell this to myself to push a guy away if he tried to make physical contacts with me. It happened naturally. Most of them didn't have the guts, the rest were trashed. But it felt so right with him. Like it couldn't go wrong. It was so silly. I know right? But still.

And here the girlfriend died. What the hell? How can she leave him? Oh no! This happens at the end of all sad movies and books. Why am I so touched by them? Why?

"Lyn." He said breaking me out of my reverie.

I turned towards him. Was he sleeping? Oh yes! I saw his eyes were closed. But how could he sleep in such an odd condition?
Eve! Concentrate.
"Yeah?" I said, my voice as hoarse as his.
"I'm sorry if you not liked me putting a hand on you. I promise to take it slow. I'm sorry." He said sitting upright, scratching his neck nervously.
Boy! Did he look cute?

Ssssss. This guy is so cute when he is nervous. I never saw him like this. Oh god!

"What happened?" I asked acting as if I didn't hear.
"You're crying?" He asked.
I held his hand slowly.

"It's just because the girlfriend died." I said sniffing.

"Whose girlfriend?" He asked.

"Spidey's. Don't tell me you didn't watch the movie..." I said.

"I uh.. I fell asleep." He said.
Goodness kill me. He's so cute.

I pursed my lips.
"I thought you'll.... I mean Ill take us slow. I won't push you. But please tell me if you're not comfortable." He said slowly.

What do I say? Do I really sound desperate?

"Hmm." I nodded.

"I'm going to sleep. Next time I see you sleeping during a movie and you see." I lightened up a bit.
"So get a better taste." He replied smirking.
"What do you think of yourself? Do I really need to get a better taste?" I said immediately cursing myself.
He looked up. I turned to leave.

An awkward silence permeated the air while I walked towards the door.
"You're not staying here?" He asked suddenly.
I shook my head.

He approached me. Our eyes met and as if spontaneously we moved in for a hug. The emotional turmoil in my heart was making it difficult for me to keep it in check. I was aware as well as unaware of what I was falling into.

We pulled apart. I looked up at him with hopeful eyes. He's trying so hard to make me at ease. I don't need to show that I crave for his touch but I can give him a piece of relaxation.

He smiled as if realising.

Placing a kiss at my forehead he whispered, "Goodnight, beautiful queen." His hand slowly retreated from the back of my head where it steadied my brain box for his heartwarming peck. I shut the door behind me and hopped to Mia's room.