What? No!!!

Hey berries! Again a reminder left aligned text is Steve's pov and right aligned is Eve's. Enjoy..

We headed back and resumed our positions on the bean bags. I tried to make eye contact with her several time but all in vain. There when I'd asked that question, it was purely due to innocent curiosity but now as I think back, it seems ridiculous. I mean if she had those, she must know that those were special and had to be pre-ordered. I was feeling embarrassed on my actions for the first time in many years. God. This woman has made me experience a lot of firsts.

I was sitting silently, unable to look in his eyes. How could he know? OK off topic but this man was really handsome. I looked at him sideways and noticed that he was clean-shaven though a little stubble dared to appear. I would have ogled at him but his useless ego and jerkish attitude not to forget my heart that was going wild within my chest. The beast that was somehow tamed yesterday was set free. Listen, go slap him hard. Ask him to dump himself into the ugliest thrash he can find. Ask him to take the help of all the connections he can. Haughty moron. Please shut up.

Dad spoke "You two look good together, don't they Tyson?" He said winking at her. She chocked on her drink while I glared at him as if I would make him swallow his own words.

That question was not all. Wait. He then spoke,"My son is single and an eligible bachelor Eve. What do you think about him?" I gulped down the rising head of the beast and said,"Sorry uncle, but why would I have any opinion about him?" I  gave him a confused look .

I could feel my hands clenching at her words. I didn't need her perspective but dad. Hell. "Eve you didn't have a boyfriend, till the last night. So shouldn't you be having an opinion about an eligible bachelor." Aunt Maria said. We both gave them confused looks, hers more real than mine.

What did she mean? My question was answered by aunt Grace,"We were thinking of you people to tie the knot."
My mind was blank. My body was numb with my my throat constricted. I was looking at everyone wide-eyed. I hate that man with every cell I had in my body, every thought I had in my mind and every breath I took, it was increasing. And you say what? Marry him. "What? No." I finally said finding my voice.

Shock was clearer on her face. Of course I knew why we were here but still. I had to stick with dad plus it would be beneficial for my company as well. However, my main point of attraction was something else. I looked at Miss Stanford, who by now was standing and gawking at the parents incredulously while they seemed amused."Even if you get the deal, Miss Stanford?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

The moment he uttered those words, I snapped my neck towards him at a speed that I was glad it didn't break."Mr Jayce, you might be the richest and the best dealer in the world, but trust me I'm not avaricious for that. I've had enough of your attitude. You think that you own the world. You are a NARCISSIST. I am not a gold digger that you can negotiate into anything with wealth. So next time you speak anything to me make sure to get it passed through a filter  that tells you to bite your blabbering tongue. I hope I've put enough oil in the jammed machine for it to work." I was bubbling with anger and I could see his nerves pop out on  his forehead. Both of our parents were shocked at my outburst while we were glaring at each other.

She surprised me but not in a good way. It was just more than enough. I wanted to leave her place right now. I hated this women already but now the loathe had reached a new summit. Aunt Maria scolded,"Eve, is this the way to talk to anyone? Apologize right now." in a demanding tone.

I looked at him but I was not taught to talk back so I said, "Uncle and aunt I'm really sorry for my immature behavior but I can't stand his disrespectful attitude towards me. The moment he met me he tried to mock me and I don't think he's ever done anything except that. I agree that he is far more rich and powerful than I am but that doesn't mean that he gets to treat me like a gum stuck to his shoe." I finished and aunt nodded while uncle gave him a death glare.