Lot of people want to be murdered.

This chapter is dedicated to @aaliyah_cajee for being so overly sweet.

~~~Steve's POV~~~

I said that but the truth was I didn't know. I just didn't have a damn clue of why I was doing all this. Past five days I've been acting like a zombie. Going everywhere, firing employees, shouting at people. The moment I found her missing, I forgot all my pa.., I just went mad.

I'd been doing everything in my power to find her and then this attitude of her. She doesn't listen. The amount of blood she was losing and had lost was so much. I had never been afraid of seeing blood but her blood was like magma to me, making me rush. I was shocked that she hadn't shed a single tear during this. However, I'm afraid of what he's done to her.
I don't know whether she's aware of who had kidnapped her but sure as hell he was that Jacob. I got her back from his secret location only. I'd not been this afraid even when mom and dad had the accident. Some insane voice had taken over me. I pinched the bridge of my nose. I had tried so hard not to shout at her. Even mom and dad didn't talk to me like that. The only person I listened without protest was Gab. He is my child and can not be compared with anyone. I have no idea of what has happened to me. Thankfully, she agreed for a check up. I can finally plan what kinds of things to do to hi.. the kind of punishments I'll make him go through. Enough tolerance.
***

I was sitting outside ICU. I had taken a shower as usual nowadays. I had been taken the quickest showers in the history of the modern world. I even skipped shaving.
The doctor had confirmed there hasn't been any wrong advancement towards her. I was somewhat relieved yet seething angry.
"Good morning Mr Jayce. I guess she's ready to talk?" Mr Swan stood there with his officers behind him.
"Yeah. Just a second." I shook hands with him and entered the room. Parents had gone inside to meet her. Phillip had gone to meet her inside again at night with a flower bouquet and was there with her when doctors changed her bandages. She is real bossy.
"Miss Stanford, good morning. How are you?" I asked softly. I didn't catch why.
"Morning Mr Jayce." She said a bit more arrogantly.
"The officers are here." I spoke.
"Hmm."
"I'll get him."
I went outside and called him inside.
"Good Morning Mrs J.." Mr Swan started. My heart clenched.
"It's Miss Stanford. Why don't you people just get over it?" She immediately retorted.
That was just so awkward.
"Oh!" Mr Swan exclaimed.
He nodded at the parents and stared at her.
No Steve. You can not punch a police officer after all you've done.
"Uh, how are you?" He said again.
"You're the police officer in charge? Aren't you?" She snapped jumping to the point. I smirked.
"Yeah. So.. Where to start?" Mr Swan said. I gulped. He was behaving so oddly.
Miss Stanford looked at parents.
"I guess she wants it private." He stated.
"Fine. We'll leave then." Dad said.
She smiled. Her face was sort of pale but her attitude remained the same. I was sitting on the fence, unable to decide whether I should be surprised or suspicious.
I bought surprise because I couldn't fathom how she could possibly be involved with Jacob.
Shut up. It's not possible. You know her this enough. Plus, the shine in her eyes tell this story as well.
I had kind of zoned out. I was standing with one hand around my torso and other resting as the top of it.
"Mr Jayce, private?" Mr Swan said.
No way am I gonna leave her alone with another man.
"I think I shall stay here." I said calmly.
"I'll call you if needed. Don't worry. She's safe." He reassured. As if.
Miss Stanford stared blankly.
I left.

I was sitting outside, talking to someone on the phone when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see an officer of Mr Swan standing there.
He nodded.
I muttered something on the call and rushed inside.
She was smiling at him but as I entered, she went back to the blank girl.
"I've had a talk with her. She denies identifying anything about the kidnapper except his voice. In accordance with your suspicion, I'll bring Mr Mitchell here today. If she recognises his voice, we might do something otherwise I'm sorry to say that it is quite difficult to issue a warrant against him.
I must say you're a very brave woman E... Miss Stanford." He remarked.
I wasn't affected apart from the fact that I found my fist and jaw clenching in unison.