The Ugly Guy

This chapter is dedicated to Xabisokazi for the amazing cover at the top💕💕
Levi must have understood my fury because as soon as I said that to her interrupting their small talk, back at the reception, he followed me. In the parking lot he quickly sat and we exited without a word. My insides were burning with a desire, a desire to go back and slap him. That egomaniac, foolish piece of gruesome crap. What did he think of himself to be,huh? The God, the king? To be honest he was a bull. Ughgh, bull? What's wrong with you? Hey ughgh was my part and yeah probably my animal alotment machine is dysfunctioning due to the excessive heat in my body. The need for you to visit a doctor is becoming more urgent as each day is passing. Oh please shut up.
"Ma'am, would you like some water?" He finally asked,a bit cautiously though.
Was I that transparent? No you were as opaque as ..." No" I replied.
"Ma'am, Mr Stanford and Mr Willows have been trying to talk to you. But your phone is switched off."
"My phone is dead." I replied remembering that I had not charged my phone since yesterday. "As far as I remember, there isn't any place left to visit. Is there?"
"No ma'am." He replied curtly.
"So drop me at my place." I said.
Few minutes later, we pulled into my driveway. The car halted and I got down. "See you on Monday ma'am. "
I smiled ?? Ok tried to smile. He always said this to me on Saturdays but today he seemed overjoyed. Oh it's Sunday tomorrow! Thank God!
I rang the bell and was greeted by mum this time. She smiled at me adorably but there was something wrong. She was smiling too adorably. Can't she do that? You are so mean. Yeah yeah whatever. "Hey mum" I mumbled as I headed inside. "Rough day?" She asked. "Yea.... ouch" I was tackled on the floor by a cat and a donkey. Sorry Lil and Matt. My eyes were suddenly exposed to light from a small rectangular device called phone. "Are you guys jobless?" I shouted rubbing my back. "What is this?" Matt hollered showing me their morning picture in his phone, apparently the one I sent to Andy while Lilly asked concerned, "Bad day?"
Before I could say anything Matt spoke, " You answer me. And Lil if you go on her mood, she'll have bad days all round the year. She's a tantrum queen." Before he could continue further, he was pushed down on the couch and was handed a punch in his face.

Not by me. Oh come on boy. Lilly had pinned him down and was gritting, "No one says rubbish about her and gets away. I repeat NO ONE!" She then got up leaving a not-left-so-handsome-Greek-God. I was gobsmacked. Told ya, she clearly gives off do-not-mess-with-me vibes.
Mum came running from I don't know where and now it was our turn to be pun.. scolded. She looked at the 'poor fellow' at the couch and then glared at me. "Mum, I did this." Lil finally said after I was glared enough. "Amd I compelled hud to do so." Matt completed while his hand clutched his aching face. My friends. My exemplary dear friends. I was truly amazed. I mean we always addressed each other's parents as our own but their timing and of course their understanding was so remarcable. I am fangir.. you were angry I suppose. God people, I've got my own mouth let me speak. Ughgh.
I was brought back to reality when mum asked me to follow her to get some ice for my dear bruised friend.
5 minutes later, I was sitting in my white blouse and black pencil skirt, applying ice pack on his face while Lilly was rolling eyes at him. Of course she had been scolded by mum for her stunt and I was trying to cover up my laughter with coughing. "You are a cat. And you Eve, c'mon laugh out loud, rub it in my face." Unable to control, I began laughing hysterically. "Oh God! You know I was damn angry because I met a 'WholeGlass' today. But you cheered me up. You guys are amazing." I said after my laughing fit.

"And that's what our job is all about." Lilly smirked while I cringed at calling them jobless.
Mum then came and said someone was coming to meet us, especially me so I had to get ready.
We took an overreacting Matt to the guest room and headed to my room.
Half an hour later I was sitting in my drawing in front of a rather ugly guy who was trying, ok huh trying to look cute but was failing miserably. I got to know that this guy was single and our parents wanted us to get married. What the hellllllll. Ok calm down. You'll handle. My brain stated.

"Alec and Evelyn, you people can  go and talk alone for sometime." His father said smiling. I looked at my last hope, my dad. My eyes silently telling him to stop this but he gave me that expression in return which clearly showed that he too was helpless.
"So you own your company?"  Alec spoke as we moved towards the dining room.
"No. It's a website."I replied.
"I work as a news reporter."
"Great." I huffed. At least he is not a useless load on earth.
"When we get married, I can join your company and we can together work and make money." He said, his stupid expression still plastered on his face. Oh no it wasn't your smirk. Stop insulting the expression.
"Well, I don't see any future with you." I replied coldly.
"Why? " his look changed. Great. Improvement.
"Beacuse I have a boyfriend. Now please go to your parents and say no about this. Or shall I do it myself. But remember if I do it, it won't be very pleasant for you."  I said trying to make him yield in my plan. But turned out I was wrong. Why? Hold on

Because he said, "That boyfriend thing remains between us."
With this he headed inside leaving me fuming. He said,"Father, it's a yes from my side but she needs some time. No worries, I am willing to wait." trying to act like a gentleman. B#$tard. "That is absolutely fine." His father smiled at me then turned to dad and continued,"Tyson, your daughter is really very beautiful. It was nice meeting your family. We'll be waiting." With this he stood up to leave.  My mother tried to stop them for dinner but I pulled her back.
"Eve you have to marry him. Take time but yield."she said moving towards the kitchen.
"I am an adult and I've the right to chose what to do. Dad help me."I shouted back.
"Princess tell me if you have anyone in mind within a week otherwise I'm helpless as well." He said with a solemn look. What? My superhero and helpless. No he can't be. No. Chanting this in my head, I ran up to my room. I locked my door, dialled Andy's number and started screaming.

I told him how very agitating the day was except for that punch of course, my meeting with two pieces of crap and my impasse business state. Lilly and Matt made several attempts to her in my room but I threatened to not talk to them for 2 weeks so they went away. I was feeling like a crashed plane and even Andy's jokes didn't help. However, I somehow tried to fall asleep. And believe me, it IS A BLESSING.

Next morning, I woke up feeling much better. I showered and headed downstairs in my grey shorts and an oversized olive coloured t-shirt with my hair in a messy bun. I had woken up late and directly had the brunch skipping the lunch. I tried to avoid mum and dad again. I couldn't shout at mom for her sudden urge to get me married neither could I see my superhero with that expression. Nah.

Lilly and Matt were behaving normally and loved them more for understanding. I also had a talk with Ava to confirm all the latest gossip.
I was in the kitchen making hot chocolate for us. While those two were lazying in the couch. I was playing 'red' in my earphones while secretly devouring a packet of rare flavored gummy bears. Wow. Life isn't that bad after all.
Fighting with him is like ding  na solve a crossword and ding  lising there's no ding t answer...
Am I hearing things?  "Ouchhh" a cushion hit me hard from back giving me the answer. I turned to see Lilly pointing towards the door. "What the hell Lil? Go and see." She shook her head not even looking at me." You are a d!tch." I said as I moved towards the door.
"Uncle Alan, aunt Grace!" I grinned as I hugged them one by one. " Hello sweetie!" Aunt Grace said while uncle smirked and said,"Still stuck with gummy bears,huh?"
"No uncle. Please come in." I cringed stuffing the packet in my pocket and smiled at the man who was way too handsome for his age. He and dad had been colleagues but then he started some business of his own. They were still close friends though. We had celebrated Christmas with them a few years back. They lived in LA so it was nice seeing them in our city.
As I was about to shut the door, a very familiar face came into view. I came face to face with Mr WholeGlass. He was in his formal navy blue tuxedo while I stood there in my funky casuals. I could not see a single speck of faze in his eyes but pure mock.
"You?" I gritted out.
"Good evening Miss Stanford." He smirked.
"Looks like my son knows you Eve." Aunt Maria said beaming from beside me.
"Yes mom. I do." He entered my house without invitation. What the hell? And what? He was the son of uncle Alan whom I've never met? The one who was always in boarding school. Now I get it why he was good looking. But... This is not gonna and well. And my life, well.....

Yeah your life isn't that bad. It is the worst. Ughgh
-------------------------------------------------------------
A/n
Hey berries! I'll call you all berries. Guys looks obsolete. Anyways, how are you all? How was the chapter? Hope you liked it.
The journey starts here. So buckle up your seat belts for the rollercoaster ride and don't miss out.
Thanks for reading!
VOTE $ COMMENT
XOXO❤