Enter him

Here's the surprise!! *drum roll* Steve's pov;) enjoy..

"Steve return early from work today. Me and your mother have to talk to you about something important."
I looked up to see dad in his sweatpants and and trademark grey shirt coming towards me from the backyard. He is very particular about his daily routine and since I've taken over the company he spends more time sweating than actually consuming something which might need sweating off.
"Anything important dad?" I asked him with a serious expression.
"I guess so..." he looked over to my confused look and continued ".. I mean yeah."
I muttered an okay which he might not have heard because he scurried upstairs. Dad was as good at masking emotions as I am. But he looked uncomfortable. I could tell that. Last time he wanted to "talk about something important " I had been asked about the whole reports of the company with written proof which obviously I had to arrange at that time. I couldn't disappoint him but handling two business wasn't a child's play. Neither was keeping a track of all records everyday.
I quickly grabbed my coat and moved out towards my black porshe after bidding bye to my mother who was busy in gardening. I was really proud of fact that even at this age my parents were both active and healthy.
I arrived at my office in about 20 minutes and rushed towards my cabin at the 26th floor. I sat down and quickly called my Personal Secretary, Caden Zelch.
"Good morning sir" she said with the shrill voice she had.
I looked up to her and said " It would be better if I get all the recent reports of my father's company."
She opened her mouth to say something but being the obedient employee she was,she nodded and left.
I skipped the lunch and tried to finish everything by 8 as I had to leave early. I generally leave by 10:30 but due to the "talk" I had to rush.
Miss Zelch had handed me the file with all the reports before I left.
The table was set and mom and dad were already seated when I reached home. I took off the coat and folded my sleeves to the elbows not forgetting to wash my hands before settling down.
"So.."Dad started to speak but when he saw me keeping the file on the table. He looked at me for explanation.
" I knew you had to talk to me about the business and the reports so I got them prepared beforehand." I replied with a triumphant look on my face.
"Whom do you think we are to you?"
This time it was mum.
"You have to think huh?" She said as I copied the expression that had been on dad's face since I disclosed about the file.
"You are my parents." I said finding my voice and at the same time making it sound like a statement.
"Good. And for your information, I may inform you that you have a life apart from your work as well."
I brought my gaze back to my food as she continued." You are thirty now and we.." She looked up to dad as if instructing something ".. think you should get settled down and think about starting a family." Dad nodded.
"What?" I retorted utterly astonished.
"Find a girl and get MARRIED." She snapped.
"Mum you know I have a bad experience with dating girls let alone marry them." I quickly composed myself and replied.
"And how many girls have you dated?" She asked with a smirk.
"Two" I mumbled after thinking and cringing at the memories.
"I may inform you son that after what you did on the dates you deserved what happened." She emphasised on the word 'date' and went on "As far as I know, you shouldn't call the girl you are taking for a date as "lazy and silly like a snail". Neither do u call her your 'sister'." She tried to be annoyed but couldn't hide the small smile at the corner of her mouth.
"Mum they weren't even working and living off their father's not to forget the big ugly faces they caked with makeup. It was an honour that I even called them that. They were not my type." I defended.
"What exactly is your type?" She questioned.
"Um. ." I tried to think.
"If we get you a woman of your type,will you marry her? Dad spoke from his side to which I had been quite oblivious.
I knew dad wouldn't like a 'no' and I don't like to disobey him at any cost plus my type didn't actually exist so I nodded.
"Good. Stick to it." He said getting up and retiring to his room.
Mom just glared at me and followed him.
I didn't have a good feeling about it. Nonetheless I got up and headed to my room to sleep.
I was awake till midnight and had messaged my colleague and the only friend, Rick Blyton to meet me the next day.

God save me from my parents. Will you?
------------------------------------------------------------

A/n
Hey guys! How are you all? How was the chapter? Hope you enjoyed.

Poor Steve 😳 he's stuck. What do ya people think about his 'non-existent' type??😂😂
I know that it might be boring right now but please be a bit patient with my story. It's gonna be worth it.
Btw did any of you have date disasters?? 😁
Tell me in the comments.
Thanks for reading.
VOTE $COMMENT
XOXO