Playing dirty and Cheating

(A/n here's an update for y'all!)

I crept out once mom and dad were asleep. Following the way which I was guided to, I sighed impatiently. I'd been driving for more than an hour. It was already past midnight.

I noticed that I was getting into a dark forested area and wondered whether she was alright. As I drove deeper, it got darker. I didn't make out whether it was all just real or the darkness cast over my heart suddenly was failing to hide.

My car stopped suddenly as I spotted her car beside a cliff. I ran towards it and found that there was no one. Much light was not there so I just tried calling her. The call went into voicemail.

Hey! Evelyn can't come to the phone right now!

Why?
Why? Oh! Cuz she's dead.
What?

Oh god! I'm busy right now. I'll call back later. Bye.

Who puts up such voicemail? Of course. She does.
However that sent an odd sense of displeasure course through me.

I decided to check her house once. Reversing my car, I began my hunt in the dark. These past days, I'd not talked to her but I realised what I had in mind about her. I realised that there was no need to push it all away. There was no such need. Because I now knew what I wanted and no way was I letting it go. Our chats. Our talks. How she sat on the slab staring intently at my hand and muttering how tall I was. I'd looked at her all the time. I just realised how much I'd changed. The unbelievably strong urge to hold her close to myself, to have her for me, to.. to take her away from everyone, to make her smile was unmistakable. Seeing Llan comfort her that day made my heart ache. Yeah. That's how she changed me. She taught me that I had a heart. And she ... I was slowly becoming addicted to her. Slowly. I'd no idea where that addiction had reached but I knew it was there. I just happened to do those things naturally. Just as Marie said. I had listened to my voice over the past few days, without letting anything overpower it. And it had landed me here. For good or for worse. I wanted to understand it instead of suppressing it and I knew she had the key to the place where the answers were hidden.

She will bring me the answers. Answers to these inexplainable questions.

An hour and half later I was returning to my house.
"Andad?" Mia had asked after I ringed the bell for the nth time.
"Mia actually it's me, your .... I mean Mr Jayce."
"Yes da... Sir."
My heart contracted.
"You're alone?"
"Please come in sir. Actually mom and Andad were at the hospital."
"I know. When did you last talk to her?"
"In the afternoon when I'd returned from school. Sir, can I ask you something?"
"Yeah? Sure."
"Is there anything wrong? All the times I've seen you, right now you seem pallid. I mean .... I'm sorry I just..." She got nervous as I stared blankly.
"Hey. Child. I'm fine. Don't worry. And why are you so nervous?" I asked.
"Won't you extract your revenge from my dad by striking me?" She asked.
"What?" Goodness. I was her dad now.
"Your dad?"
"My old dad. Not you sir."
"Who asked you to call me sir?"
"Mom."
I felt another jolt hit me. Where is she? Why do I feel insecure so suddenly? Is she alright?
I looked away. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I studied her.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you that."
"Come here." I asked as she gazed back nervously.
"I won't harm. I promise. You bring that knife if you want." She crept to me.
"What do you want?" I held her by her arms.
"I don't know."
"You're a small girl. What is so complex?" I asked her.
"Sir, she gave me a life much better than my own helpless one. She asked me to do something. But I don't want to do it." She ranted.
"We'll talk to her about that okay?" I asked pinching her cheek lightly.
"You don't get to pinch my cheeks..." She started but her hand flew to her mouth.
"I apologise. I mean..."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because it hurts."
"Really?" I asked her frowning.
"Yup."
"You go to sleep. I'm leaving." I stood up.
"You're angry no?"
I shook my head. Her reaction when I tickled her flashed in my mind and I found it difficult to understand how I could connect everything with her.
I turned around noticing that she wasn't following me.
"I messed it up. Didn't I?" She asked slapping her forehead.
"No. It's fine. You're family." I smiled faintly at her.
Smile was something which was slowly killing me. My heart was pounding. How can I smile when she is missing?