Disgusted and dissatisfied

~~~Eve's POV~~~

I expected he'd be angry on me asking him to do such a thing. Then he'd be angry when I ask him about that baby thing. I was so flushed. I said that I was uncomfortable. I expected him to be angry but he still smiled.

He's a simple man. He does not count Jayce corporations as his own. That is humility. Self respect! I interpreted him wrong.

Shit! Eve you are ...you're sick. You! Why???

I should not have...
I turned the car abruptly as I spotted a car.

What the hell? I stopped the car. The pain in my abdomen causing me to throw my head back. I picked up my phone.

"Where are you?" I muttered.
"Come again?" He asked.
"Where are you?"

"Just left on foot to find some ride to home. You okay?" He asked.
"Stay there. I'm coming. Text me your location." I said as I reversed the car.

Driving some distance, I found him standing there.

I got down. He smiled at me. He looked tired.

"Get in." I said.
"Do you want me to drive?" He asked.
"No." I said. The drive was silent. He kept looking out or staring at his phone. I felt guilty.

"You're taking me to?" He asked without looking up.
"My house." I said.
"What happened?"
"I want to talk." I said. His face shrank a bit as he raked a hand through his hair. I just made him down. I'm a witch.

I scurried into my house, the original one.

"You go. I'm coming." He said. I nodded and went inside to check on Mia. She was asleep. I shut her door and saw him shutting the main door behind him. I gestured him to follow me to my room. He had his coat in his hand. He stood beside the short table.

I went inside the washroom and changed.

"I know it was just useless. I tried but I know I spoilt it." He spoke once I'd shut the door.

This man.
"I wanted to talk about..."
He stretched his hand with a rose.
My eyes widened.
"I didn't have money left. So I thought to pluck it for you." He said nervously.
He looked so cute.
I felt guiltier. Taking it from his hand, I noticed he was pricked.

"Sss... Idiot. Who asked you?" I said taking hold of his hand.

"I couldn't stand up to your expectation, right?" He said, taking his hand away. I felt worried.

"I wanted to tell you something. Don't get offended and become angry. Promise me." I said like a child.
He stared at me.

"You don't like me?" He spoke.

I blinked.
Did he actually say it?

"I..." What do I say?

"It's alright." He looked away.
I could sense he was sort of angry. That was the wrong moment but still. I had to tell him.

"Velvet. Listen to me." I stuttered as his gaze froze me.
"Please don't get angry. I was not uncomfortable due to you touching me." His eyes shone a little.