Not the wrong way...

~~~Steve's POV~~~

"I've better company now." She smirked and bloody damn walked away.

I felt like killing my own best friend. He is so changed. He used to be downright rude and mean to everybody like me. But with her, he was so good. I don't know this is kind of frustrating. It's unbelievable. I fail to understand. God help me!

Just her. Why? Why does she catch my attention? Why doesn't she understand? She is so different and good. She doesn't put up a facade, I know now. She is a hell of a person. She is strong, she is responsible, she is successful, she is down to earth, she is contented, she is glamorous, she is graceful, she is so nice to everyone, she's social, she's caring, she is forgiving, she is professional, she's dignified, she's so diverse yet so good, she's is just so different from what I used to think of a woman.
I can't bloody concentrate on anything. From a tiny spot she has grown into a big room into my head.
She is rude to me, she cares for me but doesn't want to show it, she doesn't pay heed to me, she doesn't get affected by me. I don't know why.

She's perfect.
Oh you're d..

|=*(|<!|\|(# stop it.
She is perfect.
And I'M NOT drugged.

She is heartless. She is fake. She is mean. She's pathetic. She is discourteous.
Excuse me. She is the one of the most courteous people in my life.
Except with me.
But she is
No...

God this mess.
I slammed my fist on the side table, where the lamp, I'd broken a few days ago, used to be kept.
It was already hurt and I added to it. It didn't affect unless I remembered what her reaction would be like and then realising that she probably was busy with her better company.

I laid down on my bed, shirtless in my boxers, thinking what to do.
Oh yeah, I also observed that telling her about my problem, though unintentionally, was helpful. I felt lighter. I never share what goes in my head with any one, not even my dad. Rick, somethings but rarely. But it felt nice.
:::

"***** this headache" I muttered as I opened my eyes, weary from tiredness.
I glanced at the clock to see that I was early by fifteen minutes. I sat up rubbing my temples and rushed to shower and freshen up, skipping gym.

Once the cool water and successfully failed to provide me comfort, I headed out. Changing into my three piece I headed down. It seemed like my inadvertent absence on her birthday was affecting me more than her.
"You know I hate you. I will kill you." I heard her yell at Llan.

"Oooh! Miss Evelyn is going to kill me. I hate you too for records."
The impulsive relief that was slowly spreading through my chest retreated as fresh red burned my eyes. They were there again, walking arm in arm.

"Hey SJ." I looked up.
She gave me the cold shoulder she reserved especially for me and then sat down.
"SJ?"
I looked down at my hands, slowly clenching and unclenching my fists. The marks of last night were still prominent and my mind again wandered to her supposed reaction. Not that it was going to come.
"SJ!" I shuffled.
"What?"
"What what? Where are you lost?"
"Uh nothing." I shook my head, trying my best to not be noticed.
God, for once in my life.

I finished up the breakfast and then got up to leave.
I hugged mom and dad in their respective 'work places' and finally turned once to see if she was there.