My "permission"...

Shit...

He closed his eyes. Nose touching my cheek. Mine touching his. His lips so close that I was afraid. Really afraid. Not of him but the situation. I gave my eyes a final shut, resigning to my fate. I jutted my lower lip inside, all my thoughts stopped.

"Eve open the damn door." A thunderous knock on the door had us pulling apart abruptly.

I hit the wardrobe hard again.
"Shit. Are you okay?" He asked.
I nodded breathing heavily.

"What the ...." He glared at Matt and stomped away.

I was still frozen, gasping for air. "Eve, what are you doing at the corner of the room?" Matt asked.
My hand flew to my chest and I sighed.
I swallowed hard.
"Mr J..Jayce. He was going to k.."
"Kick you?" Matt asked, frowning.
"No..k..."
"Kill you?"
"No. Still worse."
"What can be worse than killing?"
"He was going to kiss me."
"What?" His eyebrows shot up.
"Really? Why the hell did I interrupt man? **** me."
"Language Matt. And yeah please don't tell anyone." I said cupping my mouth.
"Hey, it's alright. Breathe."
He patted my head and hugged me.
"Did you like it?" He asked while I was still trying to normalise my breathing.
"Freakish idiot. My respiratory system was going wild. My circulatory system was running. My nervous system wasn't responding. My digestive system was infested by something like rats. Jumping and pushing. And you Ask what? Did I like it? Have you lost it?" I screamed.
"Why do you shout so much?" He asked.
"Cause you make me." I said as finally the bloody race turned into a marathon. Better.

"No system of your body was interrupted. That's the problem with science students. You don't know. Your 'love system' was starting to work. That is why." He said.
"Rubbish. Go. I'm coming." I pushed him away.
Looking at my makeup which luckily was waterproof, I curled my left over hair and then got into my heels.

I walked downstairs with awkwardness and regretted sending Matt away.
Walking into the living room, I saw parents standing with uncle Carter, Rick and Phillip.My friend circle missing.
"Look whose there!" Phill exclaimed.
"Wait for the announcement kid." I laughed at his expression.

"Let's sit and wait." Mummy smiled happily. She was so happy at the prospect of adopting Mia. I loved her so much.

"Good evening everyone." You didn't need to speak. My heart was already jumping.

I looked up at him to see him changed. His shirt now matched my dress.
Frickhead.
He looked at me, licked his lip slightly and winked.

I will kill you heart. And stomach. And body. Stop it. Stop jumping.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

He sat down at the head of the table and I, on the seat towards his left, as usual.

Beside me was an empty seat, then Phill, Mommy and Daddy. My parents opposite to them and uncle Carter beside dad.
"So what's the announcement princess?" Dad asked smiling.
"So family, attention." I stood up and spoke.
"You all know I was kidnapped, and my kidnapper was finally caught last month." They all nodded.
"His daughter, well let's say a girl who unfortunately lived with him, was a physically abused girl. She was an orphan. After his imprisonment, she was left without a shelter. So I have thought of adopting her." I said.
Hoof.