The vows

People please check out the Lily awards @TheLilyAwards

I got down from my car after Matt had opened the door. Matt offered me his arm from one side and dad from the other. I held both of their hands and smiled at them. Smiled. Fake I guess. No, half hearted. Not fake.

Mum had packed my bags and told me that they'll be sent directly to his mansion.

We headed inside and met with Uncle Alan and aunt Grace. I realised how happy I was to experience his absence.
I received a text from an unknown number.
Eve, be strong. You can do it. Don't worry. I'm always there for you.~Andy.
This is not my number. Don't call.. In case you change your mind ya know.
Aww man. That's why he's so close to my heart. A smile that was making its way on my lips quickly retreated. Applauds on the face of the lizardman.
He was dressed in a light cream coloured tuxedo and a shirt which matched the colour of my dress. He was followed by Rick looking cute as always. Though I'd met him just once.

I had sent Levi to his office with all the required documents a few days ago. He got prepared all the legal marriage documents we just had to go take vows, slip rings into each other's hands and accept each other. No kissing and all drama. This was also a reason for my choosing a court marriage.
They both approached us. I was sitting in between mom and dad. He smiled at mum and dad and looked at me.
The world was going to disappear but it couldn't happen.
"Good morning Miss Stanford." He said curtly.
I just nodded, my eyes barely leaving his. Everything that was blur seemed to have become clear. The reality dawned upon me. It was cruel. It had whipped me without a warning. But I had to be strong. I got up and gestured my morons to come near me.
I shook hands with Rick who winked at me with his cute smile and turned towards him. "Mr Jayce, these are my friends, Matt, Lilly and Ava. Another friend of mine couldn't attend this due to some official engagements." He nodded. He first shook hands with Ava who smiled appropriately, then with Lil who was beaming just more than enough. I found it enraging but he found it amusing.
Idiot.
He then turned towards Matt. "Mr Matt Willows, right?" He asked.
"All in all sir." Matt replied.
"Good to meet you." He smiled. Well at least till the limits of his big teeth. He is a lizardman for real.
I just know.
Don't ask how.

"Shall we continue Miss Stanford?" He asked.
"Yes." I got up and mom and dad grinned at me.
We went inside the courtroom and were greeted by an old looking man dressed in formals.
"Sir I have accepted your request about the surname of ma'am and her name will contain of her own surname even after marriage. And in accordance with your father's wish, you two can can say your own vows." He said. Hey it was my choice not his "request".
"That won't be a problem." He smiled falsely at the person but I could feel the discomfort he was having.
"Ma'am you can start. Say your vow." The same man said after our parents gestured.
Matt came to stand beside me.
I cleared my throat and started,"I was a happy person before I met you." Matt nudged me slightly. "I thought that. But since the moment I've met you, I realised that something was missing. An en*nudge* emptiness that I'd felt before seemed to suddenly disappear. You really are very st*nudge* special. I am so sure of this and I can finally except that, with all my heart, with each cell in my body, and each breath I take, I h..*hard nudge* have fallen for you." I looked down on the last part so as to make my gritting look like a shy act. I succeeded. Ha.
The room became eerily silent. I looked up to his eyes to see the glint of admiration for the act I'd put up.
"Miss Stanford, you are so different from all the girls I've ever seen in my life. You are for sure the best person I've laid my eyes. I thank god for the moment in which you entered my life. I've made mistakes and I agree that I'm not the best. But will you please help me? Will you make my one choice, this choice of marrying you, to be the best choice of my life? Will you marry me?" He said it all so soothingly and clearly.
Liar.
Ok that was good but it was all a lie.
"So Mr Steve Jayce, do you, agree to stay with her in all times, good or bad, keep a constant effort to make her feel comfortable and treasure this marriage? Do you take Miss Evelyn Stanford as your lawfully wedded wife?"
Suddenly, I heard the little girl in me scream no.
"Yes. I do."
He repeated the same to me and I said,
No
No
No
No
No
No
No