2. Promises

"Aish! Get yourself here you coward! Don't hide yourself behind those barracks of yours, I will make sure you're dead, lemme give you some lecturing on who is the ruler here before I ran this bullet right in your head!"

*tang* *tang* *tang*

A dead body is now lying down in the cold floor.

"Tsk. Easy peasy. It didn't even take me a moment to kill that one"

A girl scoffed turning now her phone off after playing some gun killing game. She's so immersed in playing the game considering it is only one of the ways she can kill time and she pours all her feelings on that game because inside that game she feels strong, she is not easily defeated, and that she has all the will to live and do whatever she wants, completely opposite to the real world she is living in.

She decided to go out for a walk at a park. She's just wearing some gray hooded sweat shirt that is clearly over her size, black pants and black sneakers.

"Mommy , I want that big pink fluffy ball that the mister is selling over there~" the little girl points at a cotton candy shop
"Hahahaha, ok ok mommy will get you that big fluffy ball, but there are conditions" the woman beside her said, probably her mother because she calls her 'mom'

"Yes mommy! What's the conditions?" the little girl asked

"Promise mommy that whatever happens you will be a good girl, be polite to everyone you meet, be honest, don't ever keep a secret from mommy and lastly always remember that wherever you might be I will always be with you and love you okay?" her mother replied with so much sincerity in her eyes

"Yes mommy, I will be polite, honest and I will never ever keep a secret from you, and I will always remember you mom."
Unknowingly the little girl that is just 8 years old sounded so cheerful that time doesn't realize that these conditions that her mother pleaded her to do sounds to be somewhat a farewell for her

Her mother doesn't respond but instead hug her so tight, really tight that looks like she doesn't want to let go of it.

"Mommy?" the little girl said as she felt her mother's tight hug. "N-nothing baby, l-let's get you that big pink fluffy ball" she excused herself, her voice is a little bit shaky

"Yehey! Thank you mommy, you're the best!" the liitle girl replied while alternately walking and jumping to the vendor

After eating the cotton candy that her mother buy, they play some games in the park. They seem to enjoy every little second that they are together.

As they finished playing, and now are tired. The little girl invited to go home for them to have a dinner with her father. With her whole family.

The dinner went so quiet, there is only three of them the little girl, her mom and her dad.
Between her mom and dad no one dared to speak even a single world, like speaking even so little would bring them pain.

The little girl felt the awkwardness in the dining table, but is too busy eating her food to make a move because she is so hungry from all the playing that they made earlier at the park.

After their meal and after all things are cleaned already.
Together with her mother the girl went to wash herself and prepare to go to bed.
And just like that the little girl sleep peacefully.

"I love you baby you should keep your promises to mommy, even though I will not be by your side anymore" her mom said while tightly holding her daughter in her arms and then gave her a kiss in the forehead before totally dozing off and shutting her eyes.

Unfortunately her daughter didn't hear a thing from her as she is asleep already when her mother said those things.

Little did she know that earlier is the last time that she will feel her mother's comfort, last time she will hear her mother's voice, and last time she will see her mother.

The girl with hooded sweat shirt is now walking, hands in her pockets and looking down while kicking the little stones along her path. She just sighed as she remember her last memories with her mother.

In the middle of her thoughts she heared someone's crying. She looked around to find where is it coming from, then she found a little boy crying so loud and holding some toy in his left hand while his right hand is busy wiping his tears, but no matter how much he try to wipe his tears he just can't keep it from falling from his eyes.

The girl decided to come to him.
"Hey, what's the problem? Why are you crying? Why are you alone? Where is your parents?" she continuously asked the little boy with her ever so caring voice.

The boy looked up to her, "Mom, gone" the little boy answered in between his sobs. It's short but she definitely understand what the little boy is talking about.

"Hush~ don't cry okay? I'm sure your mom just went somewhere, stop crying already your mom wouldn't like to see you crying when she comes back" the girl said while gently wiping the tears from the little boy's face. It seemed to work because he now stopped crying.

She is now accompanying the little boy.
As they sat down in a bench, she looked at the boy and finds that he is looking in some candy stand near them, the boy can't take his eyes off of the candy stand.

The girl chuckled as she observed the boy. The boy snapped out of whatever he is thingking and looked at the girl beside her. He looked confused at why she did that in the first place.

"I'm sorry about that, hehehe. Here. I saw you looking at that candy stand so I thought you wanted one" she said as she hands him a lollipop, she bought one earlier as she passed a convenience store before going here.

The face of the boy lit up as he saw what the girl is holding, he then take it and flash a smile into her.

"So what are you doing with your mom here in the park before you lost track of her?" she asked the boy who is busy with the lollipop she just gave him. "We're playing freeze tug"

'What a coincidence'

she thought to herself that they are also playing in the same park

"And thank you for this..." the boy stopped

The girl beside her seemed to see why he stopped talking. "It's Eunbi, how about you, what's your name?" the girl said.

"Ahhh, thank you for this Eunbi noona, and my name is Jun" the boy replied happily

"You're welcome Jun" she answered back

Minutes later they discerned a woman in her late 20's or early 30's busy hovering her eyes around the park, her eyes hit the place where Jun and Eunbi is sitting and she comes there immediately.

"Mommy!" Jun said while running into her mom's arms.

"Jun, where have you been? I'm so worried about you the whole time" her mother said now hugging her son.
In the midst of that Jun's mother noticed Eunbi just standing beside her son

"A-ahm I saw Jun earlier crying so I accompanied him since I'm not doing anything anyway" Eunbi said while scratching the back of her neck.
His mom look into Jun "Yes mom, Eunbi noona is so kind she even gave me a lollipop! here mom look" Jun said showing his hand that is holding the lollipop

"Ah, thank you for keeping an eye on my son while I'm not around" the older girl said as she look at the younger one that her son calls 'Eunbi noona'. "A-ah no, no it's nothing really, he is also a good kid so I don't mind" Eunbi shyly answered.

"Anyways we have to go already, again thank you" the older said while bowing and now taking their leave with her son.

Eunbi also decided to go home.

Years passed but still she doesn't forgot about her promises to her mother.

Eunbi looked up in the cloudless autumn sky.
"It's been a decade mom, I miss you"