22. Falter

Thanks to Yewon's magical yet bizarre metaphorical words. It seriously helped a lot on enlightening Eunbi.

It was like the vast gloomy and heavy thoughts that were clouding Eunbi's heart finally dispersed.

Or... it was like the dark empty room where Eunbi's sheltered emotions and feelings were stored finally opened its one and only door, and with that the brimming light can certainly lit up the four sided room.

Eunbi finally came into her senses. Finally.

She cannot still believe it, that she has a thing for girls. She never knew she has this side. But when she thinks of it, it makes sense. It explains all her overwhelming strange feelings towards Yerin.

How she cares for her when she was being relatively unusual, how her curiosity was gravely eating her mind whenever she doesn't see Yerin in her usual behavior, how she can miss her even when they were literally just meters apart from each other, how she wished that her bright smiles and laughs were because of her, how she wish that Yerin was holding her hand not other's, how she wants to be with her so bad.

It all makes sense now.

"I like her?" Eunbi heaved a sigh and repeated her sentence, "I like her." this time it is not a question that needs to be answered, rather it is a definite statement from her.

"Yes you do."

But no matter how hard she thought of it she knew exactly that Yerin was with Eunwoo now. She wouldn't like to dip in to their committed relationship just because she finally figured out her hideous feelings for her.

She doesn't even know if Yerin feels the same.

What should I do now?

Eunbi was trap between confessing her feelings for Yerin then know her answer either she feels the same or she doesn't. Or, just let her feelings left unspoken and lose her chance to be able to fathom Yerin's response if ever those specific lines would escape her mouth.
_______________________________________

Busy foot stumps making the floor an instant drum and the persons were the drummers themselves. Usual rush hour and everyone was busy, specially Eunbi who's making her way on almost every passable path that a person can lay out a foot in the place making food transfers onto the black tray that her hand is holding to the neatly prepared table for the waiting customers.

Her pretty mind was occupied of table numbers and food trays only, nothing more. The rather old door opened making the chimes rang and from the manner it was opened, it was soft and not rushing unlike the others, she already knew it was Yerin without even looking.

The younger momentarily halted her food delivering frenzy, slowly bringing her head up to look at Yerin hoping that she could at least take a gaze of her beautiful facade. But in her dismay, the older was wearing a cap which made a dull canopy around the upper part of her face.

She felt the awkward treatment that she was receiving from Yerin since yesterday. She's being bothered by this outlook of the older but she cannot do anything about it for now.

But she would not let it pass, not until later.

...

That time comes again, time when Eunbi's shift has ended. And as usual she was packing her things up ready to go now, "Ma'am, Yerin-unnie I... I will go now." she bid farewell before implicitly turning around to walk towards the glass door.

"Wait!" Yerin casually voiced out then she get up from her lengthy lounge but she was a bit too late as Eunbi was already out of the shop with her black earphones stuck on her ears, conceivably playing some mellow music on it.