43. The Person I Love pt. 1

❝PLEASE LOVE ME, PLEASE TURN AROUND AND LOOK AT ME.❞

✳ ✳ ✳

After the signage that reads: Trial on process, lit up, everyone in the courtroom refined their movements as if they were living back in Victorian era. Sitting upright, all pairs of eyes were all focused on the person emerging from the front hatchway.

Wearing his glorified gown, the judge halted everyone's breath, "We are all here today to hear the re-trial on Mister Jeon Jungkook's case. Without further ado, prosecuting attorney start your opening statement."

And without notice, the tension swimming inside the room increased by several folds as Eunbi- the prosecuting attorney stood up from her position, preparing her famous astute arguments, "The defendant Mister Jeon Jungkook, has been charged with layers of cases including bribery, forgery, perjury, homicide and libel. Each of the criminal cases have given substantial evidences, supporting documents and witness' testimony which was handed out to the court foreman."

Hopefully, when Eunbi asked for re-trial on Jungkook's case a few months ago, the juror eventually governed to accept the petition. Since she's dealing with a criminal case, it doesn't require the defending party to prove innocence, instead it's her challenge to prove that Jungkook is guilty of his vicious crimes. Sadly, the evidences weren't that strong enough to claim her argument before, and so she'll not waste this another opportunity to let Jungkook pay for his cruel acts.

Eunbi advanced forward to the front, right hand nursing a bunch of papers with tons of information and records, "Seventh of September year 2018, one of the victims; Yerin Jung, entered a bus at exactly 06:08 pm along with one buddy, route going to Hansam, with a plate number SIOL 9WXP," she paused, letting everyone take hold of her sentences as they checked the security footage playing in front, taken at the exact date of the event, "Right after two minutes, a final passenger clad in all black entered it with much hurry. The bus then ran a few meters but it oddly stopped for some given reasons, and that was when the hijacking took place."

Every single person there was astonished on how much she explained each points comprehensively, "As everyone can see, the person behind the somber outift was none other than Joseph Park, the culprit." she paused again, waiting for the judge's cue to call the witness on the stand.

After reciting the oath, Joseph was questioned until he was forcefully pushed a little over on the edge, unwillingly spurting out the factual truth, "I... u-uhh.. I have no choice!" he stuttered defending himself, "My sister has leukemia and I need money for her treatment, even though I know it's wrong, I still chose to accept the money from him in exchange of the hijacking plan! You cannot blame me!" he finished off shouting and crying.

"What do you mean him, Mister Park?" Eunbi asked, her cold voice echoing inside his ears like those of a torturing venture, "Who are you referring when you said that?"

There was a brief hesitation on the latter's part, choking on nothing he trailed his looks to Jungkook who was irratably sitting on the other side of the courtroom, he then surrendered, "He's the one who bribed me." bringing up his index finger, he pointed out the dependant, "Jeon Jungkook."

A small smile was curling up Eunbi's lips, as everything was going on smoothly according to her plan, "Next point," Eunbi showed some paraphernalias in front, "These are the evidences that we gathered, that proves Mister Jeon's slandering to the same victim." the evidences were wire tapping devices and some sophisticated circuit boards as well as memory cards. "He was using all these to gain information on his horrendous acts. The intelligence department had already ran a test on these equipments to know if these really belongs to him."