34. Demise

SO GOODBYE.
THE END BEGINS EVEN IF IT'S UNDESERVED

✳ ✳ ✳

"Excuse me! Give way please!" Yerin screeched, loudly, making sure that her voice can be heard even kilometers away.

With her wobbly legs and unstable breaths, she carried her lover all the way inside, her heart was crumbling for every second that passed by as she felt Eunbi's body being colder and by this time she cannot hear anymore breathings from her.

"She passed out. Her body is cold. She's barely breathing," she paused, carefully laying Eunbi on a hospital bed. "Please assist her right now." She held one of the doctor's arm but he just shrugged it off, giving her attention to other patients there.

This action rankled her temperament which made her left respect for those kinds of people collapse and sunk miserably onto the ground.

She gritted her teeth before slamming hard the table beside Eunbi's bed. "Can't you hear me?! A patient is dying here! Can't you do anything to save her?! You are fucking doctors!" She almost choked on her words due to the madness that she's feeling. I swear, if she just knew how these hospital equipments were working she would have already treated Eunbi instead of those worthless people with glasses and white lab coats designing their bodies. "Someone please! Someone just save her!" She shouted shutting her eyes to stop herself from crying.

"Excuse me," Finally a good hearted doctor came running, Yerin flickered her eyes open and made way for him. His stethoscope was plugged on his ears and the other part was already on Eunbi's chest, checking her heartbeat, "We'll lose her at this rate."

Yerin just watched in a tensed manner, hands were tightly clasped to each other.

"Please bring me the crash cart!" the doctor ordered a nurse, he then swiftly got on Eunbi's bed, his knees were kneeling down on the mattress. Throwing a flinty look on one of the vacant nurse, he ordered, "You! bring me the defibrillator!" his voice was starting to raise in fraught. Right after that, he started to do a cardiopulmonary resuscitation, scrupulously pumping her chest up and down while uttering numerals.

Rushing footsteps can be clearly heard as one of the nurse came back with the crash cart, after he arranged the thing, he was fast to connect an oxygen mask on Eunbi to help her vanishing breaths. "Doc! The defibrillator is here."

The head doctor halted his pumping proper, briskly getting the equipment from the side, holding it firmly, he put a gel like stuff on the metal surface rubbing it in a circular motion. "80 Joules."

As if in a habit, the nurse maneuvered the equipment, setting the charge to the given amount. "80 Joules charged."

The doctor tightened his grip on the equipment a bit more before proceeding to his next movement, "One, Two, Three Shock!"

Eunbi's body repulsed the stimulants as if neglecting it to enter her body, it flopped down after the very short moment that it had arched due to the charge that was imported to it.

With shattered hopes the doctor looked at the nurse who's fingers were already on Eunbi's pulse, checking on her. But in all of their dismay, he hesitantly shook his head, signaling that her pulse still wasn't visible.

"100 Joules."

Once again, the nurse maneuvered the equipment setting it to the ordered amount, "100 Joules charged."

And the same routine happened. Yerin was just silently watching everything from the side. Eyes were squinting in chance of any visible reactions or changes on Eunbi. Hoping that they would already cease this hostile scenery that she's seeing with her naked eyes. Perceiving how her lover's almost fallen body was being engaged in this life and death situation was tearing her slowly, painfully and cruelly.