24. Cold

Eunbi doesn't know what to do anymore, all she knew was that she doesn't want to let go of her Unnie. It was like she's holding the key to her life, that if she ever let go of her she would be miserable in return.

Expect the unexpected.

It best applies to this specific scene. Well, before she was just contemplating if she would confess or not, but now she doesn't really care what she looked like. Crying her heart out. Bloods and wounds were visible on her body. Her clothes were a mess as well as her hair.

But one thing is for sure, Eunbi was surely holding Yerin tight, so tight than she ever did before.

She never knew that she would be late, this late.

Yerin was now gone, it would all be nonsense even if she blurt out all her unspoken feelings towards her. She wouldn't hear it. She wouldn't be able to know about it anymore.

"Unnie please." are all the words that would came out of the younger's mouth.

Begging for more, Eunbi didn't stop talking to Yerin. At the very end she was still hoping that she would come back to her. For all she knew that she wants Yerin so bad.

"Argh." the older groaned.

Confused, Eunbi lifted up her head that once burrowed on her unnie's and mumbled, "U-Unnie?"

"Why do you keep on calling me? I am not dead yet," she composed her posture, "Hehehehe." and softly leaned her back on one of the seats there.

Eunbi didn't even dared to say a word but instead focused her view on Yerin, seems that she is cherishing this.

"Hmmm? Why don't you answer?" Yerin looked around and noticed that the commotion is now gone, "I see that it's quite okay now?"

"That bastard is now fucking gone." the younger hissed while shaking her head right and left once she remembered the scene earlier. Merely remembering him makes Eunbi's blood boil in anger.

Right after she finished her sentence, she again hugged Yerin, "Unnie... You don't know how scared I am. I thought y-you would really leave me," tears were threatening to fall on her eyes again.

Yerin winced a little feeling the tight embrace of the younger, "Well thanks to this," she held up a deformed turquoise colored pendant enclosed in a necklace hanged in her neck, "this pendant saved me from the bullet. Though yeah, it doesn't look that beautiful now."

"Ah... That explains what happened. It's okay as long as you're back now Unnie.  I am grateful. Really grateful." she's so sincere, she couldn't help but to smile now in spite that she's still feeling a bit sad and worried.

She might looked dumb but she's oblivious of this. The younger get hold of the deformed pendant and said, "Thank you lil pendant for savi─"

"Hey! Where are you touching huh?!" Yerin cutted her.

Unaware of her actions, it took a few seconds before Eunbi realized what she have just done, what her hand was touching, "Oh my- I am sorry Unnie. I-It is not my intention. Believe me, I was just t-trying to umm... y-you know, thank the pendant and yeah." she frantically removed her hand on wherever the hell she placed it on Yerin's body.

A sly smirk crept on Yerin's lips, "Then why are you stuttering?" and intensely fixed her sight onto the panicking younger.

"No! I am not!" because she's avoiding the fact she unconsciously had raised her voice, "I mean I am not stuttering. See? I was just thanking the little pendant for saving you unnie. That's it." she finished with her delicate tone which made the older sigh in relief.