21. Chopsticks

Eunbi walked out of the place, tears kept on threatening to fall from her eyes. Walking swiftly, her footsteps were heavy and dull, continuing, not minding the people on the sidewalk.

*TOOGS*

She bumped into someone, her belongings all fell on the ground, "AISH! Why can't you look on your way properly?!" asked the man who she bumped into, infuriated.

"I am sorry Sir." she apologized bowing to the man. He then finally leave while Eunbi was just standing not knowing what to do. She decided to pick her fallen things, kneeling down and she examined the objects, and that's when her tears that were just waiting for the right time finally fell off from her eyes.

She saw Yerin's portrait delicately embroidered on a soft fabric. She stayed up all night just to finish embroidering it. And she was supposed to give it to her but she didn't have the opportunity to because of what she witnessed earlier.

Her cheeks were now covered by the crystalline waters that won't seem to stop falling

After a decade, Hwang Eunbi cried again. And it's not because of the passing of her mother, but because of someone else.

Her heart aches.

She doesn't even know why. Or maybe... She's just contemplating to stand on the truth. She must admit, she have never felt this kind of pain.

It's just sad that she doesn't know the reason why she's feeling this way.

_________________________________________

Yerin hesitant on what she just had witnessed, she kept on asking herself. She was definitely engulfed by her thoughts.

That look. It definitely meant something.

Her eyes are more sorrowful than the first time I have seen those.

Eunbi, am I being too much? I don't even know what to feel right now.

It's like your words are pushing me away, but your eyes are calling out to me.

Why?

She was just standing still until Eunwoo's voice snapped her back to reality.

"Yerin." he took her hands and drag her to sit at the table back again, "See? If she's your girlfriend she wouldn't act like that. She should have fight for what she heard. I knew it. I knew from the very beginning that you're just avoiding me so you did that Yerin-ah."

Fight? Why would she freaking fight for it? For God's sake we're just friends. What am I thinking.

With his rather big hand, he cupped Yerin's face and lifted it up so their gaze would meet, "Yerin. Let's start over again."

For the period of time, she kept on asking herself. But she cannot find any answers for her rigorous questions.

"Yes." one simple word escaped from her mouth as an answer. But it meant a lot to her.

Yes, they would start over again.

Yes, she needs to refrain herself from thinking a lot about Eunbi.

Yes, she needs to accept that her feelings for Eunbi would stay as it were. That it would left unspoken.

Yes, she needs to stop thinking about those stupid question that keeps on replaying on her mind.

Yes, she needs to be happy for whatever decision Eunbi has made.

Yes, she needs to accept that Eunbi is with him now.