42. Sad Longing

YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING
I CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT YOU
CAN'T I TURN BACK YOUR HEART
JUST ONCE?

✳ ✳ ✳

Reaching out, the trio fell down on their knees as they heard something hitting something, and they knew it was Eunbi.

Yerin was breathing heavy as she tightened her fist. With all her mustered up courage, she anchored both of her trembling hands back on the railings, tight. Squinting her eyes, there she saw Eunbi's fallen body.

"Oh thank God." she murmured under her skittish breaths, sighing in relief.

"Is she alright?" Sojung asked standing up, fear lashing her voice.

Yerin nodded, exasperated breaths escaping her mouth, "Hopefully she landed safely on that giant airbag."

Ten minutes prior, a patient saw Eunbi, ready to jump of the 10- storey building. She immediately reported it to the higher ups, and so they made fast actions.

The four girls learned about this and so they swiftly went up to stop Eunbi. While Yerin was out, helping to set up the giant airbag as precautionary measures, she saw this coming, that the three might fail on changing Eunbi's mind about ending her life. Worst case scenario was that Eunbi will really jump off from that height, but thanks to Yerin, if everything was right, she'll land on the safety shot instead, having few sore muscles or bruises at the maximum.

Right after setting up the airbag, Yerin was fast to follow the other girls, occasionally mentally cursing on her way there. But in her expectance, she was late, Eunbi has already slipped off one of her hands.

Without a speck of hesitation, Yerin stretched her arms, ran towards her, calling out for her name. But it seemed that her body moved slower than what she was thinking she does. There she saw the small gap between their hands disappearing, she even thought that she'll grab Eunbi up before she descend.

But all she got was a frail brief fingertips-touching session with the younger for that split second.

But even with that, Yerin still cannot stop worrying about the fact, that what if something had gone wrong? Something they didn't see before hand? Surely Eunbi will meet her untimely death.

Collapsing on the ground, Yerin perched her palms towards her face, closing off the scenes of Eunbi's body miserably plunged onto the ground, and just then an out of nowhere curse can be heard from her, "Fuck, I was so terrified."

She thought that she was stupid enough not to realize what Eunbi was going through, she can do all sorts of consoling proper to the younger and help her with her overwhelming problems. But she still chose to push Eunbi more and more to the edge, until she cannot endure it anymore.

And resulted into this.

After the medical staffs recovered Eunbi's unconscious body, they immediately brought her inside the hospital to be given a proper treatment.

Hopefully the doctor said that she's unconscious just mainly because of the shock that her body recieved earlier, and will probably gain consciousness sooner or later.

...

Few hours had passed, and Yerin was eyeing Eunbi's sleeping figure in the corner of her eyes, just quietly sitting beside her hospital bed.

She then decided to stood up wanting to get something to bath her dry throat, pushing back the chair softly so she won't disturbed anyone.

As she's just going out, something hit her eardrums which made her halt her leave and look back on the origin of the voice.