13. Offer

"Unnie are you okay?" Eunbi helped the startled girl getting up from her position.

"A-ah yes, yes I'm okay" answered Yerin absently while avoiding eye contact, "I just need to go to the comfort room" not waiting for the other's response, she speedily exited the scene.

Upon arriving, she looked at her reflection on the mirror still with her scorching hot cheeks "Did I just thought on kissing her?", now tweaking her hair like crazy, she continued her self confabulation "God! I must be insane. Okay Jung Yerin, please calm your freaking hormones down!"

Ofcourse, the whipped duck is being ridiculously hyped-up right now. Eunbi's lips are captivating her without knowing the reason why. It's like an ecstatic drug calling her out to try and savour every bits of it.

"Are you sure that she's really okay?" Eunbi asked the couple whom are sharing malicious smiles towards each other at that time.

"Yes, definitely fine" they answered in unison before breaking off to a loud laughter.

Yerin came back with her hands fettering her cheeks. The duo turned their sight to the dork while doing their best to contain theirselves not to laugh at her actions, which they failed to do so.

"Why do you guys keeps on laughing?!" Yerin sputtered once sitted.

"Why? Is it a bad thing now to laugh?" Sojung snickered, while giving an intent look to Yerin.

She just rolled her eyes turning it to the weak younger who is still calmly staying at the bed, "Why don't you leave your work? After all you have all the reason you need to do it."

Eunbi lowered her head, hesitant on what exactly she would answer to Yerin's question, "I ah.... I don't think that there are other establishments that would hire me if I ever leave my current work place".

"Why not? You're great. And I bet you can also adapt fast in your new work environment"

Okay. This statement gained an eccentric inclination from the two youngest.

What Yerin just said is true, Eunbi has a natural aptitude to almost everything, she learns actually fast than others and her understanding skills are highly advance and is something that you can put in the front line. Her whole being is just sensationally splendid.

The room stayed ghostly silent, no one dared to speak. From the foreign invited guests, no one knows what is the real meaning of the last statement that was given.

'You're great'

These two simple words from Yerin unceasingly resonates inside Eunbi's head. Though it is undisputable that this is genuinely real, the younger chooses to reject and discredit her worthy skills. That's the reason why she just endures the remorseless treatment of her workmates especially her boss towards her.

The three oldest came to notice this dawdling discomforting atmosphere, "Ah... Eunbi, aren't you busy with school? You know Yewon and Eunha worked on a specific project yesterday" Yerin muttered trying to divert that plague sensation inside the  room away.

But just like earlier there were still no response. One, two, three and more seconds passed until Yewon finally decided to squelch the dull stillness, "Eunbi... She's not attending school" it may seemed like Yewon mustn't say that at the first place but ofcourse they would eventually know about that so there is no reason to hide it anyway.

Their eyes widen upon hearing the assertion, it's just unusual for someone like in her age to not attend school while everyone is struggling to fight the terror teachers and tons of school works. Well because if they don't do it, probably they would end up as smoggy sausages that will be left out while the valuable ones are advancing on the race of life.

Eunbi just silently nodded, indicating that it is true. She doesn't know what to feel now that they knew about it. I mean in their society right now people are avoiding those persons whom chances on being successful in the near future is unclear. That's just how the world works. It's not like she can oppose their norms and conventional beliefs.

"Can we ask why though?" the couple curiously asked.

"I just hate school" Eunbi answered plainly. Aside from the school itself, the other thing that she hates is how people acts nice when they needed something from her and then starts attacking her the time she turned her back on them.

Isn't it necessary? Like it's just inevitable for an organization to not have those kind of indecorous slub of human flesh mess around.

In the other hand, it's way more different on her work. Yes, she's fully aware of those people who are taking advantage of her but she just can't do anything about it because her job is what's on stake there. The only thing that keeps her alive and is supporting her with her daily needs.

Even with her only best friend Yewon, who knows almost every kinks on her life. It still feels different to have your biological family spend everyday with you. Which Eunbi doesn't have.

She is all alone. With no one by her side. What's more saddening is that she doesn't even deserve to feel like that.

The world is cruel.

Yerin who's still distracted by all the facts that she heared and is trying her best to somehow come up with a proper solution. Then an idea popped up on her mind. "You can quit your job, and start working on my mother's ramen place" No one ask that but it's likely what everyone there is thinking off, thinking on how to help Eunbi. "Ahm... Well, it's just if you agree with that. I'm ah-- just suggesting you know-" she added while stuttering and scratching her nape.

Eunbi stayed silent for some moment before she gushed onto Yerin and said, "Unnie, thank you. You're a life saver" she just accepted Yerin's offer, and it might be one of the best choice she ever did in her whole life.

Yerin chuckled on her childish but cute gestures, "It's okay. And you're always welcome. Friends help each others right?"

Yes, friends really do help each others together.

___________

The three oldest are now on the bus traveling on their way home. They're just on the same neighborhood so they often travel together.

Yerin who is silently sitting near the bus' window and starring on each and every vehicle that they passed by with her earphones stuck on her ears and probably blasting of with some good quality jazz music when her phone tinged, sign that she recieved a message. She checked it and it's from Sojung, who is  just sitted beside the bunny opposite to her. She flashed a what-the-heck look to the tallest because she can just directly tell her what she wants to say instead of texting her, but she checked it anyway.

Her eyes turned wide open, her jaw dropped and her heart just suddenly starts beating faster than usual.

It's a picture of her together with Eunbi. It was taken last night, where they are both peacefully sleeping with Yerin by her side chiefly because she's taking care of her and just unconsciously fell asleep.

And she bet that she's red as tomato right now, it's not just simple picture of them sleeping together. In that picture their faces is just an inch apart, literally an inch apart and if someone just move a little bit I swear their lips would really meet.

She looked again at Sojung, unsure of how to react.

The oldest just snorted and winked before saying, "You're welcome".