23. Tough

[Curses and profane words are used. Please read at your own risk!]

"DON'T YOU DARE DO ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS GIRL'S HEAD TO BURST INTO PIECES!"

Yerin's body stiffened as soon as she felt the man's arm around her neck. Peoples around the bus started to panic, some began crying while the driver stopped the bus.

"YOU SHIT! JUST CONTINUE ON DRIVING THIS FUCKING BUS!" he commanded angrily as he tightened his grip on Yerin resulting for the girl to have a hard time breathing. She tried to remove his arm but it was no use as he was definitely a lot stronger than her, "FUCK THIS OFF JUST STAY STILL YOU LITTLE TRASH! YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS I TOLD YOU TO DO SO!"

Yerin looked pleadingly to the younger, looks like she is shouting with her mouth closed.

Eunbi heaved a sigh and took a deep breath.

It's all or nothing now.

With all her might she impulsively engaged an impetuous jab right on the hoodlum's visage. He grimaced in return and clenched his teeth, it doesn't seem to look like he was hurt by the attck rather he was just annoyed by this, "HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO ME HUH?!" he growled in madness and aggressively banged Eunbi with his foot onto the bus' floor.

"EUNBI!" Yerin screamed, her voice definitely sounds tense and worried.

"WHO TOLD YOU TO SAY ANYTHING I DIDN'T TOLD YOU?!"

She already had enough. She can endure it if it's her taking the pain, but it was Eunbi. Who was he to do that to her?! He just hurt the most precious person for Yerin and she absolutely wouldn't let it pass that simply.

She bite the man's arm making him twinged in the sudden action and he then released his coiled arm around her, "FUCK YOU!"

He moved back and and pointed the gun again to Yerin ready to pull the trigger, when it was just seconds needed for the bullet to be out of the chamber, Eunbi grappled it on time so the bullet landed on the bus' roof instead making a hole on it.

Peoples inside yelped as they covered their ears but still not doing anything to help the two like they were glued and frozen on their seats.

Eunbi continued to do her best to snatch the gun on the man's possession, they were eyeing each other and the force that they were exerting on the grappling scrabble was taking a lot of their energies. Especially to Eunbi who was already exhausted from her work earlier, but no one was giving up because they knew that there's something bad waiting to someone if they ever do it.

He jostled Eunbi then freakishly pushed her towards the seats slamming her hard resulting for several scratches to form on her sides, "Argh!" she whined having a hard time getting up, but as she was doing so the man motioned his foot aiming to kick her. But then Yerin stopped him by holding onto his foot which made him lose his balance and fall.

"Don't you ever dare to touch her with your filthy self again!" Yerin screeched.

She chose to rebel despite of the man's imperative order. As Yerin and him a
were now on the floor and she was busy restraining him from getting up, while the man keenly aimed the gun on her chest, pulled the trigger and...

*BANG!*

The loud sound came from the gunshot echoed around the bus. It was so fast just like the blink of an eye. It all happened in just a blind of an eye.

There was Yerin lying on the ground, not even moving, not even flinching. Seeing this made Eunbi feel tremendous amount of distress.

She never thought that she would literally witness the tragic scene where Yerin would die. Never in her wildest dreams. Never!

Unconsciously tears suddenly ran down on her dainty cheeks.

Unnie! Why?! I am sorry. I really am sorry. I... I-I cannot save you. I practically never did anything u-useful to you. Never did I showed you how much you mean to me I am so-sorry. And now that you needed me the most, I cannot even help you. I am sorry.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DISOBEY ME! YOU'LL MEET YOUR OWN DEATH JUST LIKE THAT IDIOT GIRL!" he shouted under his breath as he tried getting up and wickedly hovered his gun around making peoples inside extensively terrified.

'Idiot' 'Idiot' 'Idiot'

That specific word resonated on Eunbi's head. He just not do an evil deed he also mocked Yerin by calling her "idiot" and many other more just because she tried saving her from his horrendous acts.

"SHE'S BRAVE ENOUGH BUT NOT THAT STRONG ENOUGH TO DEFY ME BWAHAHAHAHA!" he said while maniacally laughing. He turned around to face Eunbi who was still terrified of what she just witnessed.

"You-!" before he could even totally turn his body towards Eunbi, the younger already gushed him kicking the gun out of his possession.

Finally!

Just then an unexpected punch landed on his face followed by another several hard punches. The power that Eunbi never knew existed on her inner self was now finally unleashed and was now taking control of her whole body.

With her raging lividity on him she continued her punching session until her hands already have cuts and wounds due to the impact.

Catching her breath, Eunbi was fuming some stuffs while still punching him, "You-!" she punched him with her right hand, "Son of a bitch! You're the one who will meet your own unwanted death-!" trailed by another one coming from her left, "You should die now-!" right just when the fatal blow would have reach in contact with him a rather tall girl with bangs stopped her and held her wrist.

"That's enough. You already have wounds on your hand. He's not even worthy of those. You can stop now. I can assure you everything is under control now." she said as she sympathetically looked at the younger with her eyes sparkling with solemnity.

Eunbi didn't respond but instead she noticed the police sirens ringing outside, she was too occupied earlier to even notice this, "Don't worry the ambulance will arrive soon. She will be fine." she turned her gaze to the lying girl sign that she's referring to Yerin.

They move around to Yerin then Eunbi held her like she's the most precious human on Earth. Well basically she really is, for her.

"Who's the one who reported the scene?" asked a man wearing a sullen police uniform.

"Wait okay?" the tall girl got of the bus coming close to the police.

"Is it you? Yuna Choi?"

"Yeah it is me."

"The culprit is now in the police' custody. The injured ones will be taken to the nearest hospital by the ambulance. And Ms. Choi can I request you to give your witness testimony to the office?"

"Ah... Yeah if that's necessary. But can I just get back inside I just need to get something."

"Yes please suit yourself."

Once she's back inside she headed immediately to Eunbi just to saw her tightly holding Yerin and snuggling her head on her like she never wanted to let go of her while sincerely repeating the phrase "I am sorry Unnie."

She didn't dared to interrupt this solace entreaty of the younger to Yerin so she just flashed a sad smile. A smile unsure of its true meaning. Perhaps she smiled because she knew that someone can still be like this, like this sincere to someone and she bet she can feel Eunbi's feelings towards Yerin even she's meters away from her, but she was sad as well that the two needs to experience this tragedy.

With her puffy eyes and runny nose because she's crying for quite a while now, Eunbi was still talking to her unnie while tightly embracing her.

"Unnie I am s-sorry. Please... just please don't leave. Don't leave me now. N-now that I have fi-finally figured out my feelings for you. I like you Unnie. I like you Jung Yerin. Please- Unnie, please s-stay with m-me."