30. Loving Somebody

❝I KNOW WE CAN NO LONGER WISH
FOR A HAPPY ENDING.❞

✳ ✳ ✳

Eunbi was not attending school for days now. Yewon was starting to get worried she wouldn't answer her calls nor her text messages.

"Hey, are you Kim Yewon?" A beautiful girl with almost the same age as her asked.

"Ah yes why?"

"You're friends with Hwang Eunbi of class 1B right?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"I'm class 1B's president body, Son Ju Yeon. She is not attending school for days. We and our homeroom teacher is concerned if anything is happening to her. We tried to reach her but she's not answering. Can you perhaps know why she is being like that?"

"I don't also know. I'm also contacting her but it's useless, she wouldn't answer.
But don't worry I'll go to her place later to check on her." Yewon replied.

"Ah, thanks for that. Just let me know if something is happening."

"Okay, you're the first person to know."

_______________________________________

Yewon is already in front of Eunbi's dorm, standing there breathing in and out before knocking.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Waiting a few moments to hear if someone would answer, but there was none. So she tried knocking once again, still no answer.

"Eunbi! It's me Yewon. Are you there?" after she said that it became quiet again, just a faint static sound can be heard. Still no sign that someone is inside.

"Is she sleeping?" Yewon murmured yo herself.

For once Yewon remembered that she has a bachelor's degree on pick locking.
Pulling a hair pin from her head and inserted in the door knob's key slot, twitching it a few times until she heard a 'click' sign that she successfully opened the before is locked door.

Slowly entering, meeting darkness because all the lights in the room are off. She fumbled the light's switch and flicked it on so she can see the inside clearly.

A bunch of crumpled empty ramen cups lying on the ground, plastics of patoto chips on the sofa, and an unfinished box of pizza were the things that caught her eyes.

She noticed that the television was playing, she came there and saw Eunbi sitting, watching, dark bags under her eyes, hair was crinkled and her whole body except her face was covered with thick blanket.

She looked completely like a mess right now.

"Eunbi."

When her voice made contact with Eunbi's eardrum, she sluggishly looked at her.

"Oh! Look who's here. Yewon my friend!"
Eunbi must be trying to creep her way up to her standing friend, reaching her hands out but failed because her body was too tired to even do just that. So she ended up banging herself hard onto the cold floor. But instead of twingeing in pain she simply laughed at herself like she liked what happened to her.

"What are you doing?" Helping her friend up, once sitted she continued, "Why you are not attending your classes? What's happening?"

"Oh, nothing's happening. I'm just watching the television."

Yewon knew that there was really something off, "Eunbi."

Eunbi was not attending her classes, she was not typically like this, she would even argue to not skip her classes even when she was sick.