31. Cruel Truth

I'LL ALWAYS BE YOUR STRENGTH.
I'LL BE YOUR LIGHT.

✳ ✳ ✳

Yerin never told anyone but she's hurting inside. More than anyone could ever imagine. Though her friends knew what she's going they would never understand how it felt.

It was like having continuous bleeding inside her without any cure. This was the time when she believed that words can be more dangerous and painful than what physical weapons can ever bring.

She was crying.

Her eyes were crying.

Her heart was crying.

She just can't stop herself from doing so. The rain outside was pouring so hard but no matter how powerful and loud this was, it's still nothing compared to her cries. Rains, roaring thunders and lightning occupying everything outside her room, while stupid and dull thoughts were occupying her mind.

'Where did it go wrong? I thought we are happy, what happened?'

Of course she cannot still believe it. It just happened so sudden that her brain can't even process all of it.

She can't sleep. Because her thoughts were already way too deep in the pits of hell that it looks so impossible for her to climb up to go to dreamland where atleast there are chance that she can rest even just by little.

Or maybe because her nights felt colder than usual without her, without Eunbi.

________________________________________

Yerin was awakened by the sunlight piercing through the glass pane of her window. "Argh!" she groaned covering her sight from the what it seemed blinding lights.

Honestly, she doesn't want to do anything today. Her body felt so heavy and so thus her heart.

But not so long, this feeling was interrupted by a ting coming from her phone.

From: Sojung

Hey Yerin! It's Saturday and Eunha is scheduled to have her check up today. Want to accompany us to the hospital? And then maybe after that we can go hangout, you know to loosen yourself down.

Okay, this might be a good chance to help her avert her unhealthy thoughts onto other things, because she must admit she's having it hard all this time. So why not right?

...

The trio were now walking on the hospital's hallway, with Yerin staying gloomy and disheartened as usual while hanging her head low until they reached the right room.

Sojung and Yerin were now waiting for Eunha to finish her checkup. "Yerin?" the taller looked at her noticing her land sunk disposition.

This made her realize that she's been zoning out since earlier. "Ah, Yeah?" she finally composed herself, leaning her back on the chair where she was sitting. "Sorry, I... my mind is just wondering about stuffs."

"Are you still thinking of her?"

Yerin just let out hot airs that she's been holding for way too long now, for the mere mention of her was already enough to make her world upside down. "I tried not to," she placed her palms facing each other, tightly pressing it, "But her thoughts are just there. It won't leave me Unnie. I mean... I just can't get her out of my mind."

"If those thoughts are just causing you heartache, you better let go of those." Sojung offered, tapping her shoulder ever so lightly.

For the second time, Yerin sighed, vividly remembering everything as if it just happened a few moments ago, "Unnie?"