38. Hwang Eunbi

❝I AM AFRAID.
I AM RUN-DOWN. I AM SO AFRAID.
THAT YOU WILL LEAVE ME AGAIN IN THE END. I WEAR A MASK AGAIN AND GO TO SEE YOU.

✳ ✳ ✳

"Yah! Why are you putting the decorations in a weird way?!" Eunbi asked the man who is busy putting lights on the side of the room, voice is a bit higher than normal.

"Can you just shut up?!" the man fired back, fixing the lights that he's been putting on weirdly since earlier, "I'm doing my best here, can't you see?!"

"I didn't know that you're the worst in these kind of things Jungkook." she added, almost offending him with the bare truth.

He just threw a look of demand to the latter, his eyes are piercing pointedly as it reached Eunbi's orbs, "Just be thankful that I'm helping you with this."

"If not because of Yerin-unnie," she grimaced, facial features morphing into a scorn one, "-I wouldn't have to deal with you. Tsk."

"Seriously! Miss Hwang you're the one who asked for my help, just bare with it! If you don't stop complaining I will leave you alone here!"

"Oh, I'm just joking," she appealed, blinking a couple times, "Don't take it to heart hehehehe."

"Joking your foot!" he grumbled, fuming hot airs out of his mouth, still fixing the messed wires of the light decorations, "Who on Earth would set up a mini concert just for a freaking date?!"

"Me!" Eunbi raised her right hand enthusiastically as if reciting something in class, "Anyway why are you so mean to me?! Before you were all sweet and stuff when Yerin-unnie is around but now you're treating me as if I'm just a speck of dust."

He sighed in frustration, "I just wanted to see what does it looks like when she's jealous." he then suddenly threw a stock of heart shaped papers to Eunbi which almost made her stumble because of the abruptness, "Now stop blabbering things and get this thing done."

Eunbi was actually preparing for this long before, since she had known about Yerin wanting to go to a concert, she thought that it would be a great thing if she herself would be the one singing and performing solely for her. (she was pretty confident about her dancing skills, but not that much in her vocals that's why she asked Jungkook's help on assisting her on her vocal aspect, where sadly Yerin saw them and thought that she was meeting Jungkook on purpose on the mall's café before.)

Oh God she really do loves her so much.

An hour passed before they finally finished setting things up and decorating the room that she rented. It really do looks like a mini concert. Dim lightings are all over the place, cute paper hearts are carefully hanged, a mini stage is also prepared in front and ofcourse a comfortable inclined chair especially just for Yerin.

It looks fascinating.

"I'll just go check on Yerin-unnie yeah?" Eunbi excused herself from Jungkook who's eating something on the corner of the room, all tired and drained out from all the work that they did.

She walked closer to an empty table, reaching for her phone.

6 new messages.
7 missed calls.
1 voice message.