29. Her Note

It was as if the sky was sympathizing with her.

Yes, it was pathetic to think that the sky could actually cry, let alone sympathize with her. But despite of that she still wouldn't change the way she thinks because of the fact the somehow inanimate things could cry in behalf of all the pains that she was bearing.

That she was not the only one crying in that shattered situation.

It rained heavily that made the people ran and find a shed to save themselves from the consequences of being soaked in rain.

The cold falling raindrops, her non-stop tears, her wet hair, her drenched clothes and her broken heart were the only things that were staying still in that desolated park.

It was not then when she decided to eventually head home. Honestly, her mind was already a mess that time, she doesn't know what to feel nor to think.

The time that she reached home, she was met by worried eyes that was owned by none other than her mother, "Sweetie. What happened to you, you forgot to bring your umbrella?"

Apparently, she didn't heard the question, her clothes were dripping water to the floor and her body is already shivering but it's like her mind went to wander around so she cannot really pay attention into those.

She felt a dry towel hit her, "Get a warm bath now then change into proper clothes before eating, I don't want you to get sick." her mother sternly said already preparing up her clothes.

In which she just responded with a silent nod.

Once done, and now seating on the dining table and silently chewing her dinner her mother spoke, "Yerin."

"Hmm?"

"You are friends with Eunbi right?" she inquired.

Hearing her name made Yerin remember what just happened earlier. And those thoughts were now explicitly playing on her mind like a broken record, causing her to have that nipping sorrowful sentiment again.

"Yeah." she replied shortly, blinking way too fast looking on her food, fastening her pace so that she could rest already.

"Do you perhaps know why she suddenly quit her job?"

Yerin suddenly dropped her utensil, causing it to make a screeching sound as soon as it hit the tiled floor. "S-she quitted her job?"

Her mother nodded befire starting to explain, "She showed up earlier saying that she want to quit because she has something going on with her. And I noticed that she's looking nonchalant on my questions. It's just that her decision was so sudden. But well I cannot do anything as she wants to leave already.  I just, you know... hope that she's alright since we got to spend time with her for quite a while."

Of course, she should have known better that this was coming.

They broke up.

And it would be too much for the Eunbi if she would see her everyday on her job, well part time job to be exact. Just imagine, Eunbi doing stuffs while Yerin was there. It would be much of an awkward and discomforted scene for them isn't?

She didn't respond, more like she doesn't know how to respond. Instead she just got up and heaved a sigh before turning to walk away, midway she stopped. "She wouldn't do that without any reasons mom. Let's just respect her decision." she mumbled but enough for the two of them to hear it, after that she continued walking until she reached her room.

Plunging her body onto the mattress and plainly looking at the ceiling, "She said she doesn't love me. She never did." Yerin murmured to herself while displaying a bitter smile and placing her frustrated hand on her face, just to hide the fact that she was crying, silently, again. Though it was clear that no one can see her that time.