Chapter Thirty One

It was the next morning, and today everyone had a day off. The stress that everyone had endured yesterday was enough to last a century. It will take a while for the last of the population to come together and settle into their new homes. 

When waking up today I look around trying to understand my surroundings. I hear a loud nicker, and I jump up finally understanding where I fell asleep. I laugh at myself. My new horse, Ace  laying under my head. I roll and startle him awake. 

"Sorry bud, did I scare you?" I ask, as he stands up forcing me off his body. "Ah, I take it you are hungry? I'll get you feed and while you are eating I'll go get ready." I mumble to myself. I open the stall from the inside and look around to see a few soldiers looking at me. Furrowing my eyebrows I scoff at them.

"What? I'm sorry I like my animals." I walk away flicking my hair out of my face. I walk to the supply room, grab a bucket and dump the oats into the bucket. I shake it, making the other horses hyper for their own. I would feed them but today it a busy day. Their owners can to it. I mount the bucket in Ace's stall on a hook and he quickly shoves me out of the way for his food. 

I loose my balance falling on my bottom. Ace stops eating, looks at me sighs and pushes me affectionately. I laugh standing up and brushing my butt off. I leave his stall making sure Ace still has some water. He has enough to last today.

"I'll tell Petra, or someone to check your water today okay?" I say patting him. "Cya later big boy." He continues to eat his hunches facing me. Ace is a sweet horse. Loving, kind and caring but he doesn't tolerate anyone when food come. I guess you could say he acts like royalty. Despite him acting in anyway he is still my boy. I walk to my barrack, pulling out some nice clothes. The clothes isn't anything super fancy. It a simple white skinny strapped dress with lace stitched to the bottom. I pull some boots on, and finally I pull some of my hair into a small ponytail in the back the extra hairs falling into place. 

I leave my room and walk to the mess hall. I take a small amount of food scarfing it down quickly. Honestly I shouldn't be in any rush but I'm so excited for today. I have never felt so happy in my life. Finally being able to see my family after how many years? 

But the thing is...my entire family won't be there. Alana, my sister is gone forever. I will never ever see her again. No one will. Things will be different for my family. My enrolment in the military will be different for us, and my sister's death would leave an empty feeling in all of us. I leave the mess hall headed for Levi's office.  

Along the way I would get complements, questionable looks, and smiles. It must of been the way I was dressed. I mean I never had a problem about it because I sort of liked the attention. Finally I entered the building that contained Levi's office. I walked up to it and lightly knocked on the door. I hear a muffled voice on the other side. I take it as my chance to enter. Entering the small room I smile.

"Good morning Levi." 

He only nod his head while drinking his tea. I sit down gracefully and rest my back on the chair. I notice a small twinge of pain that racked the lower part of my back. I arch it slightly sighing.

"Everything alright?" Levi asks nonchalantly. I nod. 

"Oh it's nothing It must be a bruise or something. I'll manage. It only a small pain anyways." Levi only nods, seemingly uninterested now. The smell of his tea loomed around my nostrils calming me down.

"Levi, I plan to go and visit my father and mother." Levi suddenly abruptly stood up. His voice was suddenly stern and bold.

"Why is that? Don't you wish for rest?" 

I shake my head, "No, I wish to see my parents. Levi, don't worry about me. I know you and I are sort of close, and I sense a small inkling that you care for me. I know you don't like them because they are apart of the military police. I'll be just fine." I reassure. His anger suddenly disappearing. 

"I hate to cut out visit short but I have a question. Do you mind keeping an eye on Ace? He doesn't like to be cooped up in his stall all day. Just take him out and let him graze. His halter and lead rope at in my room. I give you permission to enter, but only you. If you give another person this request I ask of you to grab the items." I ask standing up and placing my hands on the desk. Levi's eye's flickered down and then back into my eyes. He nodded while taking his final sip of tea. I smile my eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

"Thank you!"

"No problem." Levi mumbled. I loo outside the window behind Levi to see a carriage.

"Ah, my carriage is here, I must go. Thank you so much Levi! I owe you." I say excitedly leaving the office.

~.~.~.~

"Ma'am we are here." I was awoken from my slumber. I gather the small book that I brought with but didn't even read. I excitedly leave the carriage door closing it behind me and almost running to the house's entrance. Deep in my mind I'm shaking. It's been years since I've last stepped foot. Last time I did I was in the house I was ten years old. Nostalgia hit me like a brick as I realized the last time I stepped foot in the house was with my sister. I am now finally returning, but she... is not. 

I bring my shaking hand to the door hesitating before touching it. I drop it to the door my small folded finger's making small sound when contacting the door. I bring it back to the door another time, and another and I waited quietly. My heart was beating so fast, and I tried my best to maintain it. With each beat I would feel the anxiety climb up slowly. And then the moment of truth. 

The door swung open, and I fell into the embrace balling my eyes out. My mother stumbled backward, gasping as I did so. She suddenly wrapped her arms around me weeping. "It's like seeing a ghost! I thought your father was lying! My goodness child where have you been?"

"I was kidnapped. It doesn't matter because I'm here now." I mumble in her moist shoulder. I here the sound of fast paced footsteps march into the embrace. All of use collapsing. 

"If only Alana was here." Mother says through sobs, holding me closer kissing my forehead protectively. 

"Don't  worry," My father says through the muffled clothing. "She's always with us. It might not seem as if but she is always with us." His voice cracking from the sadness yet his voice is oddly soothing.

"We mustn't morn her death." I say while pulling away. Let us celebrate by going to he favorite locations. I also think we should feast. I know it will be hard to understand that she is gone but I think as cheerful as she was she wouldn't want us to cry. She would want to see us happy." I smile peacefully as I made eye contact my both of my parents. How about we go to that meadow where she and I would pick flowers? You know she loves to purple ones! Maybe we can put them in the center of the table while we eat today. In honor of her." 

"Not a bad idea." My father says. 

(AHHH HERE YOU GO! I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT BUT HERE YOU GO! NOT TO EVENTFUL BUT THE NEXT FEW WON'T BE..... Idk why I typed that in caps. Anyways thank you for reading. [Before writing reading I wrote watching in playing...oof] ANYWHO! I plan to try and write tomarrowww so stay tuned! This is unedited. I don't think I've mentioned that ever. But don't worry I plan to revise it. Actually I have already started that. AHH OKAY I WILL SHUT UP!)