1D - #56 Promises

Louis: "Hey, Lou?" You mumbled, climbing across the couch to sit on his lap. He chuckled as you pulled the fluffy blanket up to cover you both. "What is it, Hun?" He mumbled, wrapping his arms around you tightly, almost as if to assure himself that you were actually real and in his arms. "I need you to promise me something." "And what would that be?" He murmured, brushing some hair behind you ear as he leaned forward to press his forehead against yours. "Don't leave me again," You mumbled, almost inaudibly due to your fear of his reply. "I-I just got you back and, I really don't want to sound selfish right now, but I don't want you to go. I want to keep you here and have you all to myself." "Baby... Please don't talk like that. I don't want to leave you but, sometimes, I can't help it. Next time I leave I'll make sure you're with me because I don't think I can handle being away from you for very long." He paused to connect his lips with yours, relaxing you instantly because you felt the truth behind his words. "Y/n," He began once again, "I promise you that I will never, ever, leave you."

Liam: "Hey, y/n?" Liam said, flopping down next to you on the couch, his arm resting on your shoulder. "Yes, Li?" You noticed Liam sigh before pulling your body to lean against him. "Have you seen what rumor has been going around lately?" Your entire body tensed as he soon as he finished speaking. You knew exactly what he was talking about; everyone was claiming that they had proof that you were cheating on Liam and, every day, it seemed like more and more people became convinced of this and wanted Liam to know of it too. "I don't believe them, y/n. I just need you to promise me something." "Anything." "Promise me we'll always be together. No matter what. I don't care about any fucking rumors; I only care about you." You nodded your head, a small grin on your face as he attached his lips with you, causing you to giggle when he tickled your sides lightly. "Pinky promise?" He said, with a pouted expression on his face, as he held his pinky out. You giggled but leaned forward before wrapping your pinky around his. 'Pinky promise, Liam." "Good," He said sternly before pulling you so that you were now straddling his lap. "Now you can never break that promise." "Wouldn't dream of it." You muttered before linking your lips with him.

Niall: "I just wanna cuddle..." Niall whined like a little kid, dragging out the words as he was still wrapped tightly in the blanket as you were attempting to tidy up your bedroom. "We will cuddle but, first, I have to clean up this mess from last night." You noticed a small smirk on his face, probably reminiscing on last night's events. "Don't sound so bothered, y/n. I know how much you enjoyed last night and I have the marks on my back to prove it." Your face instantly flushed before you turned continue cleaning. "Y/n..." He began to whine once again, motioning for you to lie with him. "You promised me that we'd have a lazy day today and that means that we barely leave bed. C'mon if you break this promise, how am I supposed to ever trust you again?" You knew he was completely lying but you decided to stop cleaning and climb into bed next to him, earning a happy sigh from him as you lied your head on his bare chest. "That's better." He murmured, pressing his lips against your forehead as he ran his fingers through your hair.

Zayn: You couldn't help it; the hateful comments seemed to bother you much more than usual. You hadn't cut yourself since you met, Zayn. He seemed to take away the pain of everything and you hadn't felt as content as this in a long time but today was much different. You did what you believed was necessary before you went to your bedroom to find a large sweatshirt to cover the marks that still remained. You didn't want Zayn to see them and be upset with you-he was the last person on earth that you ever wanted to upset. Sadly, Zayn noticed something strange the moment he walked through the door and soon you wearing a heavy sweater in the middle of summer. He definitely suspected something but his face seemed to pale when your sleeve rose up and he noticed the marks. "Promise me that you will never do that again." He said, standing before you and pushing your sleeves up, pressing gentle kisses over the now-healing area on your wrists. "I don't know if I can ever get that picture out of my head. You're just-" He let out a frustrated groan, tugging on his hair as he contemplated what to say next. "You're so fucking perfect, y/n, and it astounds me to think that you'd ever do something like this to yourself." You heard his voice hesitate for a moment before he wrapped you in a bone-crushing hug. "You're too perfect and beautiful to have these thoughts."

Harry: "I swear, one day, I'm going to take you away from all this. One day, we'll be married and everything will be perfect." Harry said, pulling you closer to him in bed so that he could wrap his arms around your waist. "Harry, you know that won't ever happen, as much as I'd love to believe in that." "Why couldn't it happen? You know I'd give you anything you want. Just say the words and we could leave. Just you and me." You shook your head, trying your hardest to make him understand. "You have the band, Harry. I could never, ever, take that away from you just because I decide to be selfish and keep you away from everyone who loves you." Harry let out a dramatic sigh, nuzzling his head into your neck, his curls ticking you though you didn't push him away. "I understand that, y/n, but I need you to promise me that, if things become too overwhelming, you'll tell me and we'll leave. We won't be gone forever but just long enough for us to get a hold of reality then we'll come back." You nodded your head slightly since it was rather hard seeing as Harry's head was still resting on your neck. "I promise you, Harry."