Something New

Singto has always been known as the cool kid. He was the one you wanted to seat with at lunch, the one you wanted to study with at study period, the one you asked to copy tests from and base your assignments from his. All the teachers loved him, all his classmates adored him, and if so inclined, loved him. You'd think a perfect student like him would have at least one flaw, but there seemed to be none. His home life was happy, father, mother and two sisters, all living together, well, until one of his older sisters marry, then there's be less of them under one roof. His family, teachers, friends, everyone was excited to have him start his freshman year, none so much as Singto.

Day one proved to be uneventful. The usual getting to know you's, teacher introduction, reacquainting, and good old fashioned roughhousing. To say the least, Singto was having fun, not so much the boy at the corner.

A new schoolyear is supposed to bring changes, especially when you're starting high school. Krist transferred as a freshman starting his life anew. He came from a small elementary school, not as exposed to the outside world as he wanted to be. He was a star pupil, always had good grades, participated in many activities and had a lot of friends. He's very nervous with the start of the new school year.

Krist had a game plan. Stay quiet, observe and blend. Being from a small school, where an entire year level is composed of 50 students, Krist was in for a shock. He learned that with transferring to an all boys' school, things can get pretty rowdy.

He chose a seat at the back corner of the class, keeping his eye on everything. He can see the door, the teacher's desk, the lockers at the back of the classroom – one for each student, and most especially his classmates. Being a new kid is never easy. He had to adjust and to a lot of things, most especially the personalities that are now to be his everyday interactions. He was never the shy kid, never the awkward one, but he had to thread carefully. Compared to his old school, where he was the "personality" everyone looked to, there were bigger personalities here. He had a lot of reservations and a lot of expectations, none compared to what happened next.

"Hi! You're new here right? I'm Nammon, can I seat with you?"

"Um, Hi! I'm Krist. Yes, please sit. I'm so glad you talked to me. I was afraid I'd have no one to talk to the entire day."

"It's hard being the new kid huh? I'm just saying, I wouldn't know, I've been with these people since elementary so..."

"Oh that's good! You can be my guide!"

"Yeah sure!" *Riiiing* "There goes the bell. Want to go to the cafeteria and get some snacks?"

"Sure! Lead the way Nammon."

Thus starts the new school year.