A Seat Apart

“Seriously!” Nammon exclaimed as soon as he reached their table. The group was having dinner after a long time. It has been more than a month since they all met up, each busy with their finals. Today was the last day of their respective semester. “Move! Move! Move!” Nammon shooed Singto away from his seat, which was naturally next to Krist.

Singto was head in hand, elbow on the table, facing Krist, as the younger was sipping his drink when Nammon arrived. Sing was saying something to Krist which made the younger blush and giggle.

Nammon sat between the two, taking up the seat Singto vacated. He was looking over the menu when Ice arrived.

“Why is this one pouting?” ice pointed to Krist, addressing the table.

New, who was sitting on one of the chairs when Nammon arrived replied without looking up from his phone, “Nammon made Singto change seats. Now they’re seated apart.”

Ice raised his eyebrows at Nammon.
“What! I was getting fed up with their lovey doveys!” Nammon replied.

“Yeah!” Off added as he and Gun arrived at the table. Off pulled a chair for Gun, moving it closer to his. “Even Gun and I aren’t like that, and we’re ‘OffGun’!”

“We’ve all waited six years for this to happen but come on! Every freaking second, you jave tp make googly eyes at each other?” Nammon looked at the group.

Singto was laughing softly, looking at Krist the whole time, his finger lightly tracing his lips. Krist on the other hand was blushing furiously, his head down but eyes following Singto’s movement.

“See?!” Nammon complained.

“He has a point. Cut it out you two.” Ice gently scolded. “There are other people seated here. That goes for you two as well.” he turned his gaze to OffGun. “It’s bad enough we have to put up with six-year’s worth of bottled up relationship here,” he gestured towards Singto and Krist “You’ve been together a decade, tone it down already.”

It was Gun’s turn to pout. Off laughed softly, petting Gun’s cheek.

“Off!”

“Ok, OK. Toning it down.” He pinched Gun’s cheek and settled with his arm running through the back of his Honey’s chair.

“Nammon, switch chairs with Singto, so this one won’t sulk anymore.” Ice pointed at Krist. “You,” he pointed at Singto as he and Nammon were switching seats “behave.”

“Yes sir!” Singto mock saluted. “Though can I just, one time?”

“Yeah, yeah. Just wait.” Everyone at the table covered their eyes, teasing the couple. Krist, as usual blushed at this. “Go on.” New said as soon as he covered his eyes.

“Keep it PG.” Nammon couldn’t help but add.

Singto shook his head as he laughed at his friends’ silliness. He faced Krist and held the latter’s cheek in both of his, planting a kiss on his boyfriend’s lips, exaggerating the smacking sound.

“Ewww...” Gun laughingly reacted. “Is it safe for kids yet?”

“Stop kidding around guys, or my Kit will turn into a tomato.”

True enough, Krist was Blushing a bright red when they resumed their conversation.