Distraction

"P'Gun, I'll go to the library." Krist said, fixing his stuff.

Gun who was ready to go home stood up and turned to Krist. "Oh Krist, school's over, you're not going home yet?"

"No P'. I want to finish today's homework this afternoon."

"Krist?"

"Yes P'?"

"I know what you're doing."

"What do you mean P'?"

"You've been going to the library after class almost everyday for the past four months. You're already done with half of the projects on our to do list, and they're due in two months!!"

"P'..."

"I understand you know. You're trying to distract yourself."

"..." Krist looks down and nods.

"It's normal to miss him."

"Is it P'?"

"Yes." Gun sat down again. "Singto's been gone a while and you're missing him."

"I don't understand it P'. I talk to him every night but I still miss him."

"That's normal. It's different when it's in person and it's via video call."

"How so P'?"

"I'm not sure but there's something different when you just see the person as opposed to feeling that person. Even if they're not with you at the moment, just knowing that you can be with that person anytime, puts the heart at ease."

"Yeah. That's how I feel P'. But..."

"But what?"

"I'm not sure."

"About?"

"If I'm allowed."

"???"

"To feel this way. I mean, to miss P'Singto this much."

"What are you saying Krist?"

"P'Gun, I'm not sure if how I miss P'Singto is how I should miss him."

"I think I understand you Krist. You're confused if you should miss Singto at all, like how you're missing him makes you lonely and sad?"

"Yes P'."

"OK. I get you. Do you want to talk about it here or should we move to, say a coffee shop or somewhere else?"

"Let's go to the coffee shop outside P'."

"OK Let's go. So you don't need to go to the library now?" Gun smiles.

"Haha! Not anymore P'."

"So?" Gun prompted Krist as they sat down with their drink orders. "You've been going to the library so often just to get your mind off of missing Singto?"

"Yes P'. And it was working for a while, but I found myself staring at books and not understanding half of what I was reading, thinking about P'Singto."

"I get that sometimes, especially when Off has papers to write and I can't bother him."

"But P' that's with P'Off. You're allowed to miss him like that."

"What do you mean 'like that'?"

"I mean you've been together for what, a decade?"

"Well, almost." Gun smiles fondly.

"See! You're allowed to miss P'Off that much because he's your boyfriend."

"And you think you're not allowed to miss Singto 'like that' because you're not his?"

Krist blushed.

"Don't blush at me Perawat. Answer."

"Well, to put it simply, yes P'."

"And do you want to be?"

"WHAT?!"

"Oh don't sound so outraged! I know you like him! I'd go as far as saying you more than 'like' Singto."

"Um..."

"So that's a yes."

Krist nods.

"So what's your problem then?"

"I'm... Is it... Am I allowed P'?"

"To what? Allowed to like him? Allowed to miss him? Or allowed to want to be Singto's boyfriend?"

"Um... All of the above?"

"Hah!" Krist was surprised by Gun's exclamation. "Of course you are, to all!" Gun set aside his and Krist's drinks then held both of Krist's hands. "Listen to me Krist. Do you like Singto?" *nod* "Do you want to be Singto's boyfriend?" *slow nod* "Have you told him?" *shakes head hard* "Why the heck not?!"

"P', I'm scared. What if P'Singto doesn't like me like that?"

"Krist! Seriously!"

"No P', seriously. What if he just wants to be friends? I don't think I can take it if he rejected me or if he said he just wants to be friends."

"Krist! Are you even paying attention to the past 4, almost five years?" At Krist's blank stare, Gun forged on. "I'm telling you straight, the man likes you."

"Then why hasn't he said anything about it P'?"

"I'll let him tell you his reasons himself. All I can say is that he does. Think about it, think about how he is with you, compared to anyone else, even New, and they've known each other since nursery school."

Krsit remained quiet. Obviously thinking. "What should I do P'?"

"Tell him."

"No, I can't P'. Not that. What else?"

"Short of telling him directly, I'm not sure how else you can get it across. I think Singto's waiting for you to let him know how you feel."

"But you know me P', I can't do that."

"Well there is that. You want me to tell Singto to get a move on?"

"NO! That would be... No P'! Just... just let it go for now. I think it's enough for now that I know P'Sing likes me. At least I hope as much as I like him."

"More."

"What? P' don't tell me that. It's making me nervous."

"Believe me, you don't have to be nervous. You got that boy whipped."

"Funny P'! Haha!"

"Oh I'm very serious."

"Yeah. That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks for listening P'Gun."

"Any time. You can talk to me about these stuff any time and trust that I'll understand. Alright?"

"Yes P'. Thanks."

"Now, your assignment, get our boy to say it!"