Notes

The day was half over and still no sign of Singto. Krist felt like a robot at lunchtime. He wasn't hungry but he needed to eat. The food tasted bland, even his favorite Nomyen tasted funny. I may be sick. He thought. Now it was after lunch and the teacher was to arrive any minute now for the next class Krist was in his corner. His classmates may think him weird now, he hasn't said more than 10 sentences since his talk with Gun this morning. Resigned to the thought that he won't be seeing Singto today, he found himself thinking back to Gun's list that morning. Krist was deep in thought when he felt the air around him change.

"You know, I heard talk that we had a weird classmate. Some say he doesn't say anything. I heard he just sulks in one corner. What do you think?"

"P'!" Krist turned around so fast, he almost fell off his chair.

"Woah!" Singto reflexively reached for Krist. He was surprised to find he was holding the younger man in an embrace to prevent his fall.

Krist was turning red, he wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment, from almost falling, or from Singto's embrace. He quickly righted himself and pushed Singto's hands away. "P'! Where have you been?! Why are you so late?!"

"You missed me that much huh?"

"No!" Krist pouted then turned towards the front of the room, facing away from Singto.

"Aww... Don't be mad Krist." Singto touched Krist's cheek, making the younger man face him again. "I had things to do so I came late."

"Hmp! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I called New this morning."

"Yes. You called P'New, but you didn't tell me!" Saying this, Krist crossed his arms, still facing Singto but not looking at his P'.

Singto couldn't stop the smile slowly spreading on his lips. "Sorry Krist. I told New to tell you after."

"Well he didn't P'. And you didn't either!" Still not looking at Singto.

Singto placed his palm on Krist cheek. His gesture made Krist bring his eyes up to look at Singto, his eyes showed a mix of surprise and warmth, exactly the reaction Singto wanted his Nong to get from his touch. He came closer to Krist, which made the other catch his breath. Singto spoke softly, "I'm sorry Krist. I though New would tell you. I'll call you next time."

Krist was holding his breath, speechless.

"Forgive me?"

From a few inches away, Krist could see specks of gold in Singto's eyes. He mentally shook himself, "I forgive you P'." he answered just as softly. His brain still in a fog, he moved away. He hit Singto's arm. "Don't do it again P'!"

"Ouch!" Singto rubbed the spot Krist hit. It wasn't a hard hit, it didn't actually hurt. He was rubbing to keep the warmth he felt from Krist's fleeting touch.

Krist looked at Singto from the corner of his eyes. "I didn't hit you that hard P.' Here." Krist shoved three notebooks Singto's way. "I took down notes from our morning class."

Singto took the notebooks in one hand and placed his other at the back of Krist's neck. "Thanks Nong. So sweet."

Krist felt a tingle from the place his P' was touching, crawl down his spine. "Good thing I took down notes!" Krist huffed to mask the shiver he felt from Singto's touch.

"Will you go over the notes with me after class?"

Krist realized his P's hand was still touching him. He pushed Singto away and said "Do I have a choice?"

"Haha! No." Singto ruffled Krist's hair. "So library after the last class?" Krist nodded yes. "It's a date then."

Just then their teacher entered the classroom. Singto missed Krist's stunned expression as they all stood to greet their professor.