Loud and Clear

"Sing, go get Krist so we can go already. Nammon told Singto.

"Yeah man, I'm hungry." Off added.

"Ohhh.... My honey's hungry..." Gun said, making cute faces at Off. "Singto, if you please..."

"Why don't Krist and I just follow? You guys go ahead."

"OK.... We won't wait for your then... We all know you want to talk to our Nong. You may take longer, who knows..." *wink* "You know the place Sing. Just meet us there when you're done." Nammon bid Singto farewell, and so did the rest of the guys.

"Good luck Sing." New was the last to leave. He clapped Singto on his back as he was leaving. "I think our Nong is looking for you." New pointed to Krist standing to the side of the stage, looking around the auditorium.

Singto smiled at the guys, thinking he was lucky to have such supportive friends. They didn't even budge during their first year when he asked them to 'guard' Krist from suitors. He walked down the aisle, passing rows of chairs. He was imagining the different ways he can confess to Krist. He was determined to make tonight the night that Krist would know how he felt. He hoped Krist felt the same way.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw a flash from his periphery. He looked at the source where he saw a group of freshmen holding a camera still pointed at him. He was in such a mood where he didn't feel annoyed, as he usually would. He stopped and turned fully towards the three students, walking their way. He could see the teens elbowing each other and whispering.

"Nong. You could've just asked for a photo, I would've smiled. Would you like a proper photo with me?" Singto addressed the one holding the camera.

"Really P'?" He could see the kid blush.

"Yeah. Come. Who's taking the picture?" so started the round of photos.

Krist, upon seeing his P'Singto approach the group was immediately concerned. His P' was kind, yes but was easily annoyed by his 'fans', as he jokingly refer to them. He was delighted to see that Singto did not snap at the trio. He's like a celebrity. Krist thought and smiled.

"Krist... Hi! You were great." Krist turned to find Victor standing beside him. "Sorry for earlier, at the disco. I was distracted. You know how Nammon can be. Can you forgive me?"

"No, It's OK P'. Really. I saw P'Nammon, I doubt anyone can resist him." Krist smiled, though in his mind, he was laughing.

"Let me make it up to you. How about dinner? Tonight."

"I can't P'. I already have plans."

"How about tomorrow? It's a Saturday. We can watch a movie."

"I have plans with my family P'."

"Sunday for lunch?"

"Can't P'."

"Or whenever you're free. Whatever you want to do."

"P'."

Victor let out a breath. "OK. I get it. I just want to spend time with you."

"With me, P'?"

"OK. I'll just say it. I like you Krist."

"Um..."

"I've liked you since our sophomore year. I just didn't have the courage to tell you until now."

"Um..."

"So? What do you think?"

"Um P'..."

"It's ok if you don't like me yet. I can work on it. Just give me a chance to make you like me."

"P'. I don't think I can."

"Oh." Krist can see Victor's mood shift. "At least tell me why."

"I will sound harsh P'. I'm just not interested."

"Is there someone else you like?"

"Um... Yes P'." Krist can't control the blush he can feel rise up to his cheeks. "I'm waiting for that person."

"OK. That's fair. I guess."

"Sorry P'."

"No. Don't be."