Time

The guys were right. Time was not their friend when they got back from vacation. Everyone was busy finishing up projects and preparations for graduation. Two universities, different colleges, meant graduation and preparation time was crazy.

None of their schedules met, which meant that they didn't get to meet with each other as often or at all. When one of the guys had time, the others were unavailable. Even the inseparable pair OffGun had to make peace with their schedules. Singto on the other hand would make time to either drop by the econ faculty or send texts to Krist whenever he could.

The group had to resign themselves with their lot and console themselves that the time they spent at the resort, before the chaos would suffice until the end of their school years and graduation was over.

After everything was said and done, graduations were over, diplomas were handed out, degrees were completed, everything simmered down.

*9am, group chat*

New: Guys, dinner, our favourite restaurant, 8pm, tonight. No buts, just be there.

*8pm that night*

"So who's missing?" New asked the group when they were all seated."

"Nammon's not yet here." Gun answered.

"Figures. Anyone got his whereabouts?" New asked.

"He's at the parking lot." Singto answered, pocketing his phone.

"What's all this about P'Newwiee?" Krist asked as he adjusted his seat, moving it closer to Singto.

"Let's wait for Nammon. And here he is!" New said as Nammon reached their table.

"Sorry guys. I had to cancel a date to get here! Somebody" looks pointedly at New "made it sound important."

"It is important." New answered.

"So? What is it?" Gun asked.

"OK. So now that everything's settled. We're all officially men and woman" looks at Neen "of the world, it's time to be an adult."

"I agree." from Singto.

"Yes!" New agreed. "So as an official adult and part of the adult world, I would like to say," turns to Neen "I've talked to your father."

"What?! When?!" Neen asked, surprised.

"Oh my." Krist whispered.

"Just last night." New faced Neen. I went to your home and sat with your Mae and Pa."

"You went to Nonthaburi last night?"

"Yes. So as I was saying, I sat with your parents last night. We talked for 3 hours."

"You're not serious." Neen said, unbelieving.

"I did. I asked them for your hand in marriage."

"Oh my god." Neen whispered.

"Wooh! What did they say?" Ice asked.

"It felt like I was taking my final defense again, panel judging style. The short story of it all, they said yes."

"Oh my god." Neen whispered. "They don't even know you!"

"I know! Why is that? It took a lot of convincing, grovelling and proof that you even knew me! We'll talk about that later. Anyway! So I asked them for your hand in marriage and they said yes. Your Mae is a superstitious lady."

"Tell me about it."

"Yeah. She said that all the marriages in your family that lasted a long time were always held in November."