End of Days

"Hey Krist!"

"Oh Hey Itthipat! Good morning!"

"You're in a good mood!"

"Well, it's a Monday, why won't I be?"

"Didn't we have this conversation some time ago where you said you don't like Mondays?"

"Well yes, I changed my mind!" Krist sticks out his tongue.

Itthipat said "So cute!" and ruffles Krist's hair.

Krist stops in his tracks and fixes his hair.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Um... Nothing."

"Oh, here. I got you this at the bakery. It's the chicken pot pie."

"Oh, yeah. Thanks!" Krist took the bag Itthipat was offering but remained quiet. He shook his head and fixed his hair again.

"Why? Don't you want people touching your hair? Sorry."

"Oh, no. Um, it's OK. Just remembered something."

"You look sad now, I won't do it again."

"No, no. Um... I have to get to class. Thanks for breakfast. Bye."

"Oh. OK. Um... See you later for lunch?"

"Um, yeah. Ok. Later."    

Krist dashed into their classroom and slowly sat beside gun.

"Hey, what's going on?" Gun asked Krist, patting the latter's arm.

"Um, I just..." A tear fell from Krist's eye.

"Hey, hey..." Gun gathered Krist into his arms. "What's the matter?"

"I just miss P'Singto so much."

"Aww... poor baby... don't worry, he's coming back soon. 1 more moth, OK?"

"Yeah... OK. 1 more month."

"What brought this about?"

"I'm not sure. I was coming to class as usual, then I met Itthipat on my way."

"OK..."

"He gave me breakfast then" *sniff* "touched my hair."

"Aww... and that made you think of Singto?"

"Yes."

"But why are you crying?"

"Only P'Sing touches my hair. When Itthipat touched my hair, it felt different."

"I see." Krist can't see but Gun was smiling a little. "Come now, Just think 1 more month. Just 30 days."

"OK! I'm OK now P'. Thank you." Krist wiped histears and straightened his chair. "30 days." He gave Gun a smile. 

Itthipat: Hello, Krist.

K: Hi.

Itthipat: Are you OK?

K: Yes, why?

Itthipat: Well you ran away this morning and I couldn't reach you the whole day.

K: Sorry about that. Don't mind me. And my phone died, forgot to charge it.

Itthipat: Ah... Wait, didn't I give you a powerbank last month?

K: Oh, yeah I forgot! Haha!

Itthipat: Haha! Yeah! Oh!

K: What?

Itthipat: you have a 9:00 am class tomorrow right? Then lunch at 12:30 pm?

K: Uh-huh.

Itthipat: OK. Just checking. I can't meet you tomorrow morning.

K: Oh, but why?

Itthipat: I have something to do tomorrow morning.

K: But! Who's gonna have coffee with me?

Itthipat: Sorry, I'll make it up to you during lunch OK?

K: Yeah, OK.

Itthipat: Don't you have to go? It's almost time for P'Singto to call.

K: Yes it is!

Itthipat: I'll let you go now. See you at lunch tomorrow.

*ping*

"Too early for a text. Who could be sending me a message?" Krist said to himself as he was getting ready for school.

Itthipat: Good morning! See you at lunch. Don't forget to eat breakfast.

"Let's go to lunch P'." Krist said as their professor left.

"What? No Itthipat today?" Gun jokingly asked.

"Haha! He said he had something to do this morning and that he'll meet us for lunch at the cafeteria."

"He'll meet us for lunch huh?"

"At the cafeteria P'."

"OK then. Let's go. I'm hungry."

Gun and Krist made their way to the cafeteria. They saw a crowd gathering in the middle, they decided to check it out.

At the middle of the cafeteria hung a banner from the tall ceiling. Balook=ns were scattered on the floor beneath it. Krist and Gun read the banner. It said:

You make me happy. You make me complete. You make Mondays exciting for me. (Down arrow)

They looked down and saw the floor littered with petals and balloons. The petals forming words that say:

Will you be mine?

Gun and Krist looked around then at each other.

"Ooh, a proposal. I wonder who it's for..." Krist said to no one in particular.

"It's for you." A voice answered.

The crowd parted and revealed the owner of the voice. With a bouquet of two dozen white roses, Itthipat walked towards Krist.

"Will you go steady with me Krist?" Itthipat asked.

The crowd cheered. A mix of shouts and voices can be heard saying 'He's so lucky.' 'So handsome.' 'So sweet! I hope he says yes.' Then a chant started 'YES! YES! YES! YES!'

Krist who has never been good with a crowd and with pressure, looked around. He could see expectant, encouraging faces among the crowd. He looked at Gun who was at a loss for words, then finally at Itthipat.

"Say Yes, Krist."

"Umm... Ah.... Umm..."

Then someone shouted "JUST SAY YES!"

"Ok, yes." Krist answered softly.

"He said YES!!" Itthipat screamed. The crowd went wild.

Gun on the other hand was still speechless. He took out his phone and took a video of the place, then focused on Krist's bewildered expression. He sent the video to their chat group. No description, just the video.